A second 14" wheel.. A small upgrade wanted.

There is a local meetup group here for Finnish riders. You might find some here to help out to test a wheel you are looking for or someone that is looking to upgrade and want to sell their old wheel. 

From the wheels you are referring to, I think the new Inmotion V8f would be a contender from the viewpoint it is a modern update  from one of the most sold wheels the V8.  Of course there is always a budget to consider, but buying an old design with little battery and less motor power isn't as safe IMHO. The issue here is to have evough motor power and battery strength to maintain balance.

It is the spike loads at low speed that is the most tricky to handle. Why is a much more complex explanation that so might do better than me.  Ut the short answer is more better effect (volt x ampere) and higher watt/torque motor the better as long it is a balance in this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Unventor said:

There is a local meetup group here for Finnish riders. You might find some here to help out to test a wheel you are looking for or someone that is looking to upgrade and want to sell their old wheel. 

From the wheels you are referring to, I think the new Inmotion V8f would be a contender from the viewpoint it is a modern update  from one of the most sold wheels the V8.  Of course there is always a budget to consider, but buying an old design with little battery and less motor power isn't as safe IMHO. The issue here is to have evough motor power and battery strength to maintain balance.

It is the spike loads at low speed that is the most tricky to handle. Why is a much more complex explanation that so might do better than me.  Ut the short answer is more better effect (volt x ampere) and higher watt/torque motor the better as long it is a balance in this. 

Thank you for the tip for Finnish group!! I´ll write there.. 

• Like 1

I have a V5f, am about your weight, and I find it a good wheel. I haven't had any problems with a weak engine.

Now I've upgraded to a larger wheel but only because I needed the longer range, and wanted a bit of speed increase. The v5f cruises at about 22-23 km/h and I got about 13-14 km range before the battery hit 30-40%, I didn't want to go much below that, as a safety measure.

For your use case the V5f sounds perfect. Then again, at some point the EUC bug bites you and you'll start wanting more speed and range...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Markiisi said:

Thank you for the tip for Finnish group!! I´ll write there.. 

You are welcome. 

BTW let me tell you a little real life story. I think you might find this interesting or maybe not, anyway here goes. 

When I started to ride almost 2 years ago it was to save parking cost at work of 50€ a month and occasional congestion charges too when going to city center and bypass traffic jams. The other part was to find a training for that I could find fun and benafit my rheumatic diagnoses. 

This turned out so well for for me that I now 2 years later decided to sell my 2.5 year old Mazda CX-5 car (top range gas 2.5L awd model of 2017). I have ridden just short of 4000km in 2years and in the car about 9000km. Today I went to the person that sold me my car, to get a quote for them buying it back. 

So my every day commuting and shopping I do with a backpack and my wheels. You can see in my signature my wheel history. To me this has become a life altering experience and a new lifestyle. 

So will this happen to you? Maybe not but many here share similar stories. I look forward to see more from you on what you decide to get and how that suits you need. And just maybe how you find your needs/wants from a wheel change once you use it a bit more. 

Ohh and I almost forgot, welcome to the forum. 😉

If you can deal with the higher weight, get a Gotway MCM5 from AliExpress (way too expensive in Europe). Ideally the 84V 800Wh (best) version. Another power level from the V5F or 14D. Maybe that's not what you want/need, but whenever 14 inchers are talked about, the MCM5 needs to be mentioned:)

By the way, since you are in the EU, you should have all the wheels available to you from EU shops. So even if you want to buy "locally", you should have all choices, and maybe better prices than in Finland alone.

Here's an Ali link, for example: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33048731173.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.62a324a0KJj2xO&algo_pvid=0764960f-cdd4-4408-8183-6f744ae30a12&algo_expid=0764960f-cdd4-4408-8183-6f744ae30a12-3&btsid=0b0a0ae215817079509962349e9b13&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

Some EU shops include https://eunicycles.eu/en/ and https://www.1radwerkstatt.de/.