King Song riders: King Song app not available or not working? Use a third party app!

Worth mentioning though that on both DarknessBot and EUC World the speed settings, calibration and firmware updates are not and will not be available for KingSong wheels bought from Aliexpress, or otherwise outside the official western dealer network.

• Like 1

Well it might be certified a little. Bad is a board term. 

There are certain things you are allowed to do and other thing that big red nono. Then there is the quality/stability and security concerns too. 

Exactly what was the reason I don't know but Apples policy för approval is much tighter now than so years ago. And they stand very firm on their way or the highway. 

On the android side KS app had issues on Samsung phones, which one of the bigger android brands. I suspect the amount of crash reports was the reasons to pull it. 

That is also why I dislike to install from other places than the official app store. This mean there is less security rist from an app store as I view it. 

• meepmeepmayer changed the title to King Song riders: King Song app not available or not working? Use a third party app!
  • meepmeepmayer unpinned this topic

To be clear, those links provided in my post are the Official apps, however I understand if some users may want to wait till they official hit the store. 

The iOS app is on the store however under an alias name, and the consumer friendly version is pending approval. 

Edited by Jack King Song
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/15/2020 at 1:09 PM, Jack King Song said:

To be clear, those links provided in my post are the Official apps, however I understand if some users may want to wait till they official hit the store. 

The iOS app is on the store however under an alias name, and the consumer friendly version is pending approval. 

Are we to expect Kingsong app to return to Google play store? Or have KS given up on getting an app that can pass quality certification from Google?

I think it is anything but great that you have products that heavy relay on app and not having an official app distributed in a quality and security checked app store.

I would view a non-answer as confirmation that KS gave up @Jack King Song due to this has taken so long.

44 minutes ago, Unventor said:

Are we to expect Kingsong app to return to Google play store? Or have KS given up on getting an app that can pass quality certification from Google?

I think it is anything but great that you have products that heavy relay on app and not having an official app distributed in a quality and security checked app store.

I would view a non-answer as confirmation that KS gave up @Jack King Song due to this has taken so long.

We are aiming for mid July for the app to be available on Playstore. 

Apologies for the wait. 

Edited by Jack King Song
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
8 hours ago, Paulo Mesquita said:

app upgrade is not working and crashing all the time? 

As a perfectly good hardware guy gone soft, I can say with surety: hardware will break, software comes broken. It is an immutable life truth.

Edited by Tawpie
  • Like 3