Rider settings question for you all

Phil Wright

Hi one and all, hope this finds you well.

Ive now owned my first ever EUC for 3 days, have it well taped up, have acheived a few good rolls of up to 60-70 mtrs, and of course come off it without injury so far - so I guess things going kind of OK.

I noticed that the 0 Ride Setting for me is very "twitchy" and reacts to every slight movement I make on it, I decided to experiment with the setting and moved it to 3, it was a slightly "spongeyer" ride and it wasnt as reactive as setting 0, on the back of that I then moved it to 6, and discovered that for me atm it was easier again - it felt like I was riding on grass and seemed to be saying, "Ok, ok I understand you are a new rider, Im gonna go easier on you"

Am I right in what Im sensing?

Any tips and suggestions would be awesome, thanks one and all,

Phil

Yep that's mostly right. The riding modes affect the responsiveness of the unit to changes you make with your body/weight distribution. Most find that the better they get, the more they lower their riding mode because 'twitchier' also means much more responsive when it comes to things like tricks and/or advanced manoeuvres

Ian from Speedy Feet (a well-known UK Ninebot retailer) explains the modes in this vid. Go to 6mins 30secs onwards (also I'd recommend all his videos, he has many tutorials on various things from repair, to going backwards, to jumping).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCkiRa6x5M8

Thanks Paddy, appreciate your help.

When I first saw a 9Bot on the streets here I hunted it down on the net, and Ian's vids were those i came across, and yeah you are right, very informative, easy to understand, Ive PM'd him personally to thank him, from one who has no idea currently.....lol

i might leave it at setting 5-6 and bring it back to 0 over time.

thanks for the clarification

No I don't think so, just how much you have to lean to move forward. Correct me if I'm wrong. 

2 hours ago, Paulandjacquelyn said:

Started at 0 and it's fine.  I've seen where some stay at 3 so may change later and try.  Does it affect speed in any way?

Archived