Quick Poll for Wrist guards

Hillbilly Wrist Guard vs Triple 8 Saver Series Wristsaver II  

6 members have voted

1. 1. I narrowed it to these 2. Which one do you prefear?

• Hillbilly Wrist Guard Half finger
    • Triple 8 Saver Series Wristsaver II

hey guys, I narrowed it to these 2 options.

Which one do you feel are better? I've never ever used wristguards before, but I think its a must now that im ridding faster.

Will the Half finger, extra protection, really do something?

Weather here is pretty even all year round... about 18ºC so no need for Winter protection or anything crazy

As always, thanx a lot for your comments/Votes.

Links:

Hillbilly Wrist Guard Gloves - Half Finger

Triple 8 Saver Series Wristsaver II

Edited by Sebrios

Omg, those are expensive. ;)
I use Crapsco $5 wristguards and they haven't failed me in like 10 faceplants so far. :thumbup: Although they look like crap after all those absorbed impacts, I really should buy a new pair...

EDIT:

On second thought I think that Half Finger definitely has an advantage since it's supported by all fingers. In lots of my crashes my palm got scraped because the wristguards slipped backwards due to force... With 5 fingers they wouldn't slip. :efee47c9c8:
I think that the best way is not to buy through the internet, but to go to your local sports store and try them on. See if they are comfortable.

Edited by atdlzpae

If you want to protect your fingers, consider the GyroRiderz Gloves (designed by an EUC rider for EUC riders).

And if you don't care about your fingers, have a look at the demon flexmeter wrist-guards...

• Like 2

I got the Triple Eight all as a set with the knee and elbow guards. As far as the wrist guards go they are okay But I do kind of wished for something nicer. They are fraying pretty quickly wear the velcro rubs on the mesh part, having a frayed appearance now after not that much use.  They are an economical set but there are definitely nicer ones out there. . Those hillbilly ones look pretty nice, but I've never actually tried them to compare. They just look nicer than the Triple Eight at least, So given the two I would probably go with them.

I'm not sure if the ones you have are something different, because the set I got does not say Wrist saver *II*. This set I got was about the same price as the wrist guards you linked to alone:

Triple Eight Saver Series Pad Set with Kneesavers, Elbowsavers and Wristsavers, Large https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002WTUY7G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FpYpEb7TYT66C

• Like 1

thanx @Blueblade those ones you linked look pretty much the same, and for the price, they seem to be a better deal.

In any case, I decided to buy both I asked for. So I guess I will write a small review of them after I try them out so people here can decide better ;)

• Like 1

I've had a fall on the hillbilly ones. I hit a invisible dip in the road at around maybe 20mph and crashed. My left wrist guard split in half but when I gathered myself and checked injuries, I basically came out with only torn pants and a split wrist guard. I didnt feel a single thing and my hand was perfectly fine so I guess the wrist guards did their job. Right when I got home I placed a order for a pair of new ones. They're definetly great for the price.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
21 minutes ago, Old Glider said:

I wondered if anyone has tried the Triple 8 hired hands style wrist guards. They’re much more than the Hillbilly Hands but they seem worth a try. Thanks @Sebrios for the reviews above. I’ve really got to get something decent soon!

In general I like Triple 8 products if not on the upper end of EUC speeds, but I need my fingers so I’ve never tried the hired hands.  I would think based on my experience with their other products and other fingerless gloves for biking and Segway use that they would be great.  I’m using full finger gloves on everything now. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It might be a little late to add something to this. 

The once I actively use are either these

Rollerblade skate wrist/hand guards

41i0QJsZmzL._AC_SY400_.jpg

Or Demon flex meter dual sided. 

The Rollerblade might beast protective but it is easier to wear a smartwatch that have/need skin contact for heart rate readings. 

I have a low/standstill fall due to a curb climb my wheel didn't agree with. At maybe 5kmh and I slammed my hand right down on the cubble stone path. Felt nothing in hands or wrists. I hit the thumb a bit but after 5min it was gone. They do a real good job at saving the hand palm. Might not be as durable but they are cheap.

And since they are not that big they are easier to store in backpack or a jacket pocket. 

Edited by Unventor
  • Like 2