Marty Backe

Custom MSX Nosepiece

5 hours ago, yourtoys7 said:

That looks really really cool, but the first thing I thought is for protection, to beef up the front in case of a fall, maybe that was not intent but I would assume it would absorb some sorta impact...

Talking with the original designer of this, @Roo Williams, that was his intent, to protect the front of his MSX during crashes.

My headlight looks to the left now since a crash. I'd get in there to fix it, but my left pedal is still stuck on, killing access to half the euc, including the headlight cavity. This armor would have prevented this. Seeing the ditch would've prevented it too, but the armor is cooler-looking.

Edited by night_ombudsman

I’ve downloaded and ordered a 3D print. Thanks Marty and Roo for what looks to be a brilliant solution. :thumbup: 

4 hours ago, night_ombudsman said:

My headlight looks to the left now since a crash. I'd get in there to fix it, but my left pedal is still stuck on, killing access to half the euc, including the headlight cavity. This armor would have prevented this. Seeing the ditch would've prevented it too, but the armor is cooler-looking.

I was going to take off my pedals and paint them a matching gold but can't since one of them is bent such that it'll never come off. When I do need to get into the wheel I'll have to cut the pedal off :o

9 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I was going to take off my pedals and paint them a matching gold but can't since one of them is bent such that it'll never come off. When I do need to get into the wheel I'll have to cut the pedal off :o

Wheel abuse :o

So now you (or the designer of the part) have started to make bumbers for EUC too.

I expect to see a side cart soon for pick-nick basket for your tails.  :popcorn:

On 2/5/2020 at 12:52 PM, Marty Backe said:

Talking with the original designer of this, @Roo Williams, that was his intent, to protect the front of his MSX during crashes.

He should make one for the back as well, this way it can be charged while on back plate

On 2/5/2020 at 3:45 PM, Marty Backe said:

Is it that bent? I've had to deal with some pretty badly bent V10 pedals, and usually some persistent hard hammering on a throwaway screwdriver in the pedal rod cavity will eventually get the pedal rod out (or at least to the point where the pedal/rod combo can be removed from the pedal hanger).

Though admittedly an angle grinder is a much more fun and formidable force than a hammer :rolleyes:

Also, is it the left or right side that's bent? I have a set of MSuper pedals that are collecting dust, and the rightmost one is slightly bent but still usable. If your left one is bent, I'd be down to send you my left pedal. I think the two tone gold and black look would be awesome!!

Edited by Nick McCutcheon

3 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Is it that bent? I've had to deal with some pretty badly bent V10 pedals, and usually some persistent hard hammering on a throwaway screwdriver in the pedal rod cavity will eventually get the pedal rod out (or at least to the point where the pedal/rod combo can be removed from the pedal hanger).

Though admittedly an angle grinder is a much more fun and formidable force than a hammer :rolleyes:

Also, is it the left or right side that's bent? I have a set of MSuper pedals that are collecting dust, and the rightmost one is slightly bent but still usable. If your left one is bent, I'd be down to send you my left pedal. I think the two tone gold and black look would be awesome!!

I tried some heavy duty pounding but it didn't budge. You can see from the picture, it's a significant bend.

Bent MSX Pedal

This happened from a early fall on the MSX, Nov 2018

It so happens that it is the left pedal. That's a very kind offer and I'll take you up on it :D Do you happen to have the rod too? I really don't want to cost you any money - I can Paypal you the postage.

4 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I tried some heavy duty pounding but it didn't budge. You can see from the picture, it's a significant bend.

Bent MSX Pedal

This happened from a early fall on the MSX, Nov 2018

It so happens that it is the left pedal. That's a very kind offer and I'll take you up on it :D Do you happen to have the rod too? I really don't want to cost you any money - I can Paypal you the postage.

Wow that is indeed pretty significant!

Unfortunately it's just the pedal, I don't have a spare MSuper rod :( all I have in terms of rods are those from the first gen ACM s+, shorter than what comes on ACM-pedalled wheels today. 

I can check to see if an IM V10 rod is the right diameter, we have a ton of those at the EUCO office. Don't quite have our shipment of MSX parts in yet, but it should be almost here. And I'm sure Jason would be happy to provide you with a rod, worst case :)

But yeah, I can definitely send you the pedal. I'm fairly certain I can use EUCO's services to create a shipping label/pack it right there instead of having to go the post office. I love my job :D

2 hours ago, Nick McCutcheon said:

Wow that is indeed pretty significant!

Unfortunately it's just the pedal, I don't have a spare MSuper rod :( all I have in terms of rods are those from the first gen ACM s+, shorter than what comes on ACM-pedalled wheels today. 

I can check to see if an IM V10 rod is the right diameter, we have a ton of those at the EUCO office. Don't quite have our shipment of MSX parts in yet, but it should be almost here. And I'm sure Jason would be happy to provide you with a rod, worst case :)

But yeah, I can definitely send you the pedal. I'm fairly certain I can use EUCO's services to create a shipping label/pack it right there instead of having to go the post office. I love my job :D

I actually have some KingSong 18XL rods which are the same diameter. They're a bit shorter but should work. I have some ACM rods too, which are even shorter. The pedal is the main part.

PM me here, Facebook, Telegram, etc.,  and we can work out the details.

5 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

The pedal is the main part.

Marty I bend cast aluminum components on my kiddos braces all of the time using heat and pressure. It’s a slow process so I don’t weaken or crack the material but it works. I could straighten it for you. Just PM me if interested.

Edited by Rehab1

6 hours ago, Rehab1 said:

Marty I bend cast aluminum components on my kiddos braces all of the time using heat and pressure. It’s a slow process so I don’t weaken or crack the material but it works. I could straighten it for you. Just PM me if interested.

Thanks much for the offer Dan, but Nick is going to help me out. And even if I could take you up on the offer, I'm pretty sure it'll get destroying as I cut it off the MSX - I just don't think there's enough room to cut the pin without also cutting into the pedal.

But thanks again for the offer :cheers:

7 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I just don't think there's enough room to cut the pin without also cutting into the pedal.

Unless you cut it using a laser!   :shock2:

Did I mention to anyone that I am buying a laser cutter?   :w00t2: