John Eucist

How to ride an electric unicycle - understanding the dynamics

2 hours ago, travsformation said:

On scarves or toques? :efefa6edcf:

toques.. to see if they're a good stand in for helmets xD

4 hours ago, Rywokast said:

toques.. to see if they're a good stand in for helmets xD

:roflmao:

Make sure they're thick, quality wool, and consider removing the pom pom and fixing it to your chin :efee612b4b:

On 1/9/2020 at 1:02 AM, MR BRAD said:

what kind of boots do you wear? More power to you guys... I just think I would feel kind of disconnected with the wheel

I got a pair of these, and they've saved my ankles and the area above my ankles many times when things have gotten out of hand. They're comfortable, and I don't have any problem feeling the connection to the wheel. 

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T3IQ41Y/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Question- I am 55 years old, 6ft, 235lbs. I want to learn to ride a EUC. Am I dreaming at this point in life? Through reading I believe I need a 18" wheel. Maybe the King Song 18XL? 

In any case, what do you guys think? Should I go for it? I dont have any physical limitations other then I am less flexible than I once was.

Opinions are welcome even if they tell me to stick with the idea of a Segway X2. 

8 hours ago, HuskerDawg said:

Question- I am 55 years old, 6ft, 235lbs. I want to learn to ride a EUC. Am I dreaming at this point in life?

No dreaming necessary. There are plenty of riders like you!

The two things about higher weight riding to consider: if you crash, that weight will come down on your arms etc. And you will lose some range compared to lighter riders. So losing a bit of weight would give you a double bonus, should you need some motivation:)

8 hours ago, HuskerDawg said:

Through reading I believe I need a 18" wheel. Maybe the King Song 18XL? 

Or one of the wide tire "16 inch" (more like almost 18) ones: Nikola or 16X. But the MSX/MSP or 18XL are great for you, too.

First day on an EUC will be tomorrow or Sunday depending on weather. Will report back on how much I suck.. :) :eff034a94a: