Ninebot not charging after not using it for longer time?

Jürgen Greil

Hello,

I bought a new Ninebot ES2 in August 2019 and it has only 470 km until now. Because of the winter I did not charge it for about 2 months now.

Yesterday I wanted to turn it on, but the display only turned on for around 1 second and turned off immediately. So I thought the battery was discharged and I connected the charger and was able to turn the ES2 on. It did not show that it was charging, but it was staying on. I was also able to make a firmware update successfully to firmware version 1.5.1 and BMS version 1.4.6.

But after some hours it still does not show that it is charging.

I did read about other Nineboot vehicles, that they are going into anything like a "sleep mode" after not being charged for longer time.
Could this be the problem here and how to fix it? I read, that one will have to disconnect and reconnect some connectors of the internal battery from the controller board. But which ones and in which order are these to fix that problem for the ES2?

I would thank you so much if you would help me!

I don't know how this works for the >E>S". but most electronic devices drain power to a different degree. Enen a batteryu will drain out. once that goes below a cirtian level the bms  and charger will not charge battery., A battery have a save area for it to work , meaning how low or high voltage it can have. if it drops too low it risk chemical damages and performance issues. That is why the above safety messures are set in place both in bms and charger. You might be able to revive the battery, but I recommend only to do that at a battery expert.

A bad battery is why people get cutouts iin some cases. 

I would recoment to contact your seller/shop for advice in your situation.