Ninebot shuts down

Centeno

Hello, I just bought a Ninebot One E+ and the unit turns off when the battery reaches 18.3 km left (about 70% of battery life), does anybody know why?

Also, I have tried getting a pdf format manual for it to learn about the 'Limit Off' mode and the 'Limited mode' which is set at 7.0. Can anyone help me understand these?

Thank you!

11 hours ago, Centeno said:

Hello, I just bought a Ninebot One E+ and the unit turns off when the battery reaches 18.3 km left (about 70% of battery life), does anybody know why?

70% left or after 70% used? Did you buy the wheel second hand? Unfortunately 2nd hand wheels sometimes have a bad battery if the previous owner didn’t know how to handle li-ion batteries. Or if they have failed for other reasons.

Thank you mrelwood; I bought a refurbished one online and it seemed and operated like knew.  The app shows 18.3 km left, which I interpret as what's left to use which is about 70% charge but the cycle turns off suddenly and I fell twice already, I'm afraid to keep using it. Any other ideas?

Thank you!

If you bought it from a retailer, first thing to do is to contact them. You received a malfunctioning wheel, not a working one that you paid for. Repairs or refund.

If that turns unfruitful, I would try wether battery balancing could still help:

1) After charging the wheel, check the exact battery level, and voltage too if available in the app. Is it 100% / 67.2V +-0.2?

2) If you have a multimeter, measure the voltage from the charger output.

3) When the charger LED turns green after a charge, leave the wheel in the charger for at least 3 hours. Then ride only for up to 5 miles, charge again, and this time also leave it connected to the charger for at least three hours.

This would charge any cells that have degraded faster than others, if they are still salvageable. And if that is even the issue.

• Like 1

@Centeno 

The Ninebot One E+ has long been end-of-life'd by Ninebot, so any actual new/refurb stock left is at serious risk of cell degradation, especially if they've been sitting for months/years without being actively charged & sitting.

I would ask the seller about what aspect was refurbished (battery in particular) and also open the unit (battery-side) yourself to see if the battery is stock (google image search) or not. Also, ability to hold a charge is a good indicator of cell degradation, so you could fully charge the wheel, then leave sitting unused a few days and see how much charge is lost. For a Ninebot One E+ with good cells, the charge should not go significantly down from non-use after a few days.

Worst comes to worst, if the seller won't help you, then I would do a credit card chargeback (assuming you paid via CC).

Edited by houseofjob
  • Like 2

mrelwood and houseofjob thank you for help, this info will help me narrow down the issue, I will follow your advise and hope I will find the solution for this issue; I have not ridden it because I’m concerned that it will die on me at anytime; I will be back to comment if I resolve the issue or not, thank you guys for your valuable help!

• Like 1