Why isnt RockWheel that popular?

Sebrios

Availability. You can't buy it in major suppliers.
They only seem to have one model (GT16). They planned to launch GT18 2 years ago... Did they?
Also, chicken and egg. If nobody has one, nobody recommends one. ;) Unless it's exceptionally good in some aspect.

Anyway, I can't buy one (used nor new) in my country. In fact, you can't buy them on amazon.co.uk nor amazon.de nor amazon.com nor ebay.com.
SpeedyFeet also doesn't stock one. Neither does ewheels.com.

It seems that they are only available on AliExpress. And some people (like me) are averse to AliExpress. B)

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 3

What @atdlzpae said and they are perceived to be or have been behind in technology. I am OK with being behind in frills as long as the heart of the beast is strong and reliable. That said I am Rockwheel curious 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

LOL! I am going to have to steal that Pikard MEME.   

Remember,......  RockWheel was supposedly bought out by a Korean Company. They might turn out to be the best in a few years. ... I have hopes. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

because its a miniscule company that nobody has heard of lol.. a niche of a niche, they tend to stay under the radar and dont have the money to put out new products or have enough customers to actually distribute to dealers... its not that they make a bad product, its just that there are better options out there in every way lol. i mean i do love the gt16 but it has many shortcomings, it is very loud, waterproofing sucks, taking it apart sucks, pedals are ridiculously small, padding is terrible, and the overall fit and finish though not bad is definitely nowhere near something like a kingsong or inmotion euc.. these are all things that can easily be improved upon but i dont believe they will get the funding any time soon if ever to actually be competitive..

Someone said that Rockwheel stopped making EUCs all together, and only makes scooters or such anymore. The EUC side of things was sold to ICON Korea, which advertises a 3000W wheel (still 16x2.125”). ICON is looking for parties to finance, and they already have a functioning prototype.

• Like 1