KS-14D : wheel distance issues

vasuvius

It looks like the total wheel distance on my 14D is off and seems to move backwards on occasion.

When I left the office this evening it was 45.15 miles. I rode 0.73 miles to the station and had the EUC app open. It showed wheel distance of 45.88 miles.

Then I rode home from the station about 1.5 miles. This time I didn't have the EUC app running. When I got home, I put the wheel on the charger and turned on the EUC app and it reported wheel miles at 45.15 miles.

A couple days ago I checked with the King Song app and it had the same numbers as in the EUC app. 

Very strange.

What exactly the type of EUC do you have? Is it KS14D or KS14SMD? Check it in application or just look under the USB port. If there is a fuse you have KS14D, if you have only hole it is KS14SMD.

Anyway there is also 2.00 version, but available only in the Service App. Probably it have to be tested to be sure that is safe and then will be released.

At this moment there is some problems with update firmware via KS Official App. The KS try to resolve it but now there is Chinese New Year. So we have to wait till the next month.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, vasuvius said:

https://eunicycles.eu/en/news/aktualne-wersje-firmware

This says the latest version for the 14D is 1.11

Both, the EUC.world app and the KingSong app report that my current firmware 1.09 is up to date. Interesting !

Latest firmware available:

• 1.12 for KS-14D
  • 1.09 for KS-14SMD

Mine is a KS-14SMD

Is the total wheel distance in the EUC app coming from the wheel ? I feel that if I stop the app and restart for every ride i.e. power on/off cycle on the wheel, then total wheel distance seems correct. Today I went for a ride with 3 stops each about 10 minutes. Total distance about 5 miles. I kept the app running from the time I left home till I came back. I turned the wheel off at each stop.
The main page on the EUC app showed 3.34 miles and the increase in the Total Wheel distance was less than 2 miles.

Could something be wrong with the wheel ? 

12 hours ago, vasuvius said:

Mine is a KS-14SMD

Is the total wheel distance in the EUC app coming from the wheel ? I feel that if I stop the app and restart for every ride i.e. power on/off cycle on the wheel, then total wheel distance seems correct. Today I went for a ride with 3 stops each about 10 minutes. Total distance about 5 miles. I kept the app running from the time I left home till I came back. I turned the wheel off at each stop.
The main page on the EUC app showed 3.34 miles and the increase in the Total Wheel distance was less than 2 miles.

Could something be wrong with the wheel ? 

Strange. Try on few trips. Is it repeatable? Mostly the wheels overstate the mileage.

59 minutes ago, EUniCycles.eu said:

Strange. Try on few trips. Is it repeatable? Mostly the wheels overstate the mileage.

I've observed this several times. It's understating by quite a bit. Or rather, some trips either don't register or on a part of it registers ... It's a bit sad that I don't know how many total miles I have on the wheel

Total mileage should be stored in the wheel (pcb flash or eeprom memory). If it is not happend or it is much inaccurate your pcb board can have some problem with non-volatile memory or with the firmware. Maybe try to update the firmware once again via EUC World app or Darknessbot.

But after sometime, when you want to sell your wheel, you will have lower total mileage, it is always an advantage. "Always look on the bright side of life" ;)

26 minutes ago, EUniCycles.eu said:

But after sometime, when you want to sell your wheel, you will have lower total mileage, it is always an advantage. "Always look on the bright side of life"

Well, I would definitely be honest about it and mention that :-)