Jump to content

King song 16


Guest

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some new video of the KS16 in action:  

1RadWerkstatt and Tina from KS has invented the 340Wh version from the KS16-A. KingSong would not make a 340Wh version.... We have a sample (680Wh) here and test ride is no problem. We will

Third day of training. 1,5 hours. Longer trip: 200 m !!!!!!!!!!  Thank you to all my coaches    And something awesome. 617 calories burnt !!!!!!           Great work of qu

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Blunzn said:

seems like you got it, gratulations. now try to get a more relaxed stance and enjoy

Thank you Blunzn.

Style is not still at my horizon  :)

At this point I'm happy because I see it's not imposible to dominate it.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Respect the Wheel. The rubber of the pads is not very resistant. 

They look to much damaged taking under consideration it have been 4 hour of use. Very stressful use , but just 4 hours.  . . .

Captura de pantalla 2016-05-02 a las 23.12.10.png

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow you look like a pro!  Nice start from a stop position as well.  Good job.  It's just like learning how to ride a bike all over again although I don't recall taking as long as I did with a bicycle.... Hrmmm.....

What is that?  The tire?

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CSERNA said:

Third day of training.

1,5 hours.

Longer trip: 200 m !!!!!!!!!! 

Thank you to all my coaches :)

Video demonstration of my progress  

From your video that is really excellent progress - good to see :-)

Don't forget to practice left turns as much as right and also braking, imagine someone suddenly walking out in front of you, or try to stop at a particular line on the ground. Don't go mad or you will end up on your bottom (bum plant?) start by gently stopping and stop faster as your confidence improves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

yes for style too :) but i meant to get better mileage before your feet start to hurt. 

the pic is from the pedals, maybe remove the thin rubber parts with a sidecutter and put griptape from a skateboard shop on it. thats what i plan to do. and get replacement pedals/rubber from KS before you try it ;) 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why do they never test this stuff? Ther're now a few people haviong used it fpr hours or days and it failed in such a short time? We made only a short trip in the forest with our KS16. Why should I've confidence in a firmware and "safety" when they're not able to test and improve foot rests? So I need to check a solution for the KS16 of my wife. I think it will be the 3M sand grip (http://www.yatego.com/rutsch-schutz/p,4abf8d7ccb4e5,5113ce50e939e4_9,antirutschband-verformbar) used for stairways. It has a alloy foil with tape  as the basis and you can put it over a non flat ground with a rubber hammer. I used this for the pedals of my old IPS and will do so on the MSuper also.
By the way: A rubber makes no sense anyway as it becomes slippery when wet.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@OliverH I agree with you, the final solution is the 3M sand grip tape or any other self adhesive anti slip tape like it. From the beginning I applied it to the pedals of my EUC that were rubber covered and it works perfectly no more slip in any condition, even with mud. Highly recommended.

Before receiving my new KS16, I have already bought the anti slip tape to apply to it. ;)

Edited by Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OliverH said:

Why do they never test this stuff? Ther're now a few people haviong used it fpr hours or days and it failed in such a short time? We made only a short trip in the forest with our KS16. Why should I've confidence in a firmware and "safety" when they're not able to test and improve foot rests? So I need to check a solution for the KS16 of my wife. I think it will be the 3M sand grip (http://www.yatego.com/rutsch-schutz/p,4abf8d7ccb4e5,5113ce50e939e4_9,antirutschband-verformbar) used for stairways. It has a alloy foil with tape  as the basis and you can put it over a non flat ground with a rubber hammer. I used this for the pedals of my old IPS and will do so on the MSuper also.
By the way: A rubber makes no sense anyway as it becomes slippery when wet.

They might have tested it but with 60kg. volunteers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder whether a cushioned grip tape might be suitable for our application.  

http://www.amazon.com/Longboard-Skateboard-Soft-Grip-Tape/dp/B00O4LZ402

They sell smaller sizes, but I don't know if it's the same "soft" version grip tape.

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Henrik Olsen said:

I feel that is one of the problem with most EUC's with us grown up dudes...  

Having no idea what customers need. 

I see my wife if it starts loosing the rubber grip. I must be prepared..

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SlowMo said:

Do you really mean this?

Sure. Irony and sarcasm is absolutely unknown over here ;)

I told her to buy an ACM (same problem there anyway) but she liked the KS16, so it was her decision. And you know how this ends by married people: It's still an issue for one: For ME :( as I have to fix issues other are responsible for.

That's not a big issue. I'll remove this rubbish and put the right stuff on which is really slippery resistant. Half an hour work.

I could change the pedal on warranty and wait until it happens again or I can repair and improve it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OliverH said:

Sure. Irony and sarcasm is absolutely unknown over here ;)

I told her to buy an ACM (same problem there anyway) but she liked the KS16, so it was her decision. And you know how this ends by married people: It's still an issue for one: For ME :( as I have to fix issues other are responsible for.

That's not a big issue. I'll remove this rubbish and put the right stuff on which is really slippery resistant. Half an hour work.

I could change the pedal on warranty and wait until it happens again or I can repair and improve it.

Could add some bicycle pedal screws like what was done on the Ninebot mod thread. It really helps.

 

Edited by SlowMo
Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking for some advice respect the charge tactic of the battery.

Mine shows now four green lights. Should I recharge it completely just now?  or is it better to wait until it get a lower level.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hear that it's best to keep the battery charge somewhere between 20% and 80-90%?   Also I think the range may improve after the batteries have been cycled a few times, or that's what I've heard.  I don't worry about it too much and run mine down to the low battery beep on occasion, and I charge it up full.  Of course, I have an el cheapo generic so I don't care that much about it.  I did order a Charge Doctor which apparently stops charging automatically when it hits 90% or so to maximize battery life.

I don't think it hurts to top things up from a mid-charge.  You just don't want to deplete it all the time and let it get too low.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

 

Edited by HunkaHunkaBurningLove
Link to post
Share on other sites

@HunkaHunkaBurningLove

@CSERNA

For storage yes, for riding it's not that straightforward

the battery capacity indication is based on the voltage, it's not real 'charge'.

Once you battery voltage drops somewhere below 60V you'll have significantly less power (that's 80% on my IPS Lhotz and T680+).

I avoid riding below 55V, I feel the risks are too high even with a reputed brand like IPS. I prefer a battery that wears out 6 months earlier, over a face plant.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

So is this the best wheel to get? price,style,performance...etc... what is the best uk price? I use at the mo Ninebot e+ and my daughter Airwheel Q3.. Would love a Ninebot p... but money and the fact they have a few issues..And on hold!!!!!!. Also like th uniwheel but hate the fact they have treated us like the people who will buy there product.... not if but will....... ( i guess I mean they dont care about the rider but love the news and cash)......

So kingsong yay or nay to these competitors worth it or not? whats the ride like? does it do what it says on the tin..? any in the midlands?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@fubar925 I also have a ninebot but just the "E" I loved it and have had no issues at all with it,it has been a great wheel (my only wheel)...however from what I can see the ks16 is everything I had hoped the "P" would be. The E+ was slightly better but not enough to make make me buy it 6 months after buying the E and then found out about the P...but what did they offer us for the money....nothing ..in fact less than nothing,it's got so bad that they halted the sales!

My ks16 should hopeful be here sometime next week fingers crossed and I'll let you know how it goes.

I ordered mine with @Jason McNeil

With 840/860 (can't remember ) battery.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4 de mayo de 2016 at 11:46 PM, HunkaHunkaBurningLove said:

I hear that it's best to keep the battery charge somewhere between 20% and 80-90%?   Also I think the range may improve after the batteries have been cycled a few times, or that's what I've heard.  I don't worry about it too much and run mine down to the low battery beep on occasion, and I charge it up full.  Of course, I have an el cheapo generic so I don't care that much about it.  I did order a Charge Doctor which apparently stops charging automatically when it hits 90% or so to maximize battery life.

I don't think it hurts to top things up from a mid-charge.  You just don't want to deplete it all the time and let it get too low.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

 

Batteryuniversity.com            Wow. Thanks Hunka it looks a tremendous site to lear about this field ; "batteries".

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...