King song 16

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Michael David de Gans said:

I thought the Lhotz we t up to 30 kmph?

They are. But sadly the beeping that starts from 22kmh and upwards is loud and urgent sounding. 

Would much prefer an initial beeping at 25 and then maybe an 'urgent' beeping at 28

22 hours ago, Cloud said:

Everything is relative. I dont see any silence going on , ks16 was presented at CES, and the distributors are communicating about it too and offering marketing programs. As you mentined there are reviews out there and when the users receive them they will review also. Kingsong has the new wheel on their website . Not sure what would be a more appropriate level of marketing. What breakthrough do you mean, its a new model with a different/ better aesthetic design, but i am not aware of any drastic changes in specs or technical breakthroughs?  We are all excited in our little world here, but in the grand scheme of things - this too shall pass....:) Any product could benefit from more advertising though. I think you are right about one thing : kingsong should get out of the small company mentality and invest more in their marketing programs, perhaps hire professional camera men crew to shoot a professional commercial and air it. The market is still unsaturated - its still a good time to divide and conquer.....

The KS16 is the killer product. The only real competitor will be Gotway with the ACM 16. The KS16 has the better feature set (if you need them all). What I tried to say: Can the sales channel as of today sell the volume which can be achieved and may be also needed. Kingsong introduced different products in the last year. This invest needs to get back by sales. The KS14 and KS16 should be the volume products. After the not beautiful designed KS14, the special design of the KS18, the KS16 is a hit. And there's not much rumble. 

For me one thing is clear as the deep blue sea....i will sell my Ninebot One E+ as soon as possible to get the KS-16. It is way better in every behavior.....by the way, did anyone know which tire dimension the KS-16 use? 

55 minutes ago, Ecko said:

For me one thing is clear as the deep blue sea....i will sell my Ninebot One E+ as soon as possible to get the KS-16. It is way better in every behavior.....by the way, did anyone know which tire dimension the KS-16 use? 

technically speaking, agreed. The one thing that I'm irritated by is the 'poor man's ninebot' look of it. I hope there is a black colour option as in its present state there is a tacky vibe to it

While we're going to be importing a limited number to evaluate/trial, I have to reserve judgement on the quality of the retractable handle & water-resistance features. Getting the retractable handle build-quality right is not simple engineering exercise. My source at Inmotion tells me it required nearly two years & was tested with over 1 million! retractions/extensions with countless changes to get this feature nearly bullet-proof on the V3 series! Can King Song produce a comparable quality with the 16",  perhaps... 

The version that was on display at CES looked & felt identical to the one that was on display at Hong Kong fair three months earlier. Come on King Song, where's the updated App you promised us six month ago? Where are the decent pedals we've been begging for over a year for the 14"! 

6 hours ago, Paddylaz said:

technically speaking, agreed. The one thing that I'm irritated by is the 'poor man's ninebot' look of it. I hope there is a black colour option as in its present state there is a tacky vibe to it

This time, people have to choose function over form. The KS-16 is also a beauty with its curved edges and would easily awe people when they see it. I just wish they would make the moustache line just plain circular.

12 minutes ago, SlowMo said:

This time, people have to choose function over form. The KS-16 is also a beauty with its curved edges and would easily awe people when they see it. I just wish they would make the moustache line just plain circular.

This is an easy fix though...just put some white tape on to cover the unwanted moustache dots...

• 2 weeks later...

Was very interested in getting one of these...until I just read on project 42 site that it has NO ip rating...so must leak like a cheese grater and at over £1k for something that's going to possibly fry when I go tho a puddle..arghhh tell me it's not true and just a bad dream ?

45 minutes ago, Homer69uk said:

Was very interested in getting one of these...until I just read on project 42 site that it has NO ip rating...so must leak like a cheese grater and at over £1k for something that's going to possibly fry when I go tho a puddle..arghhh tell me it's not true and just a bad dream ?

That could be another Plus for the Uniwheel. Their engineer told me that one of their tests was to suspend a wheel partly submerged in a tank of water, run it, then open it up to find out how much had penetrated and whether it caused any problems.

2 hours ago, Homer69uk said:

As The Ip Rating in all other wheels is more a Public Relations joke...and KS with The markIII ks14 has Done Great steps to Water resistance....i Trust KS for Doing a good Job on The 16 also...

7 hours ago, Homer69uk said:

I'm not worried about this as I have one of the older 14c before they made extra weather proofing enhancements, and I've ridden through very heavy frequent rains this whole winter season on a daily basis. I seriously doubt they've move backwards on that.

Here some pictures of the new KINGSONG app.

The main functions are:

- Speed

- % battery

- Autonomy in km

- Upgrade the firmware

- Control the lights (on/off/auto)

- Level calibration

- Running mode

- Adjust Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Alarm 3 and rocker speed

IMG_2684.thumb.JPG.d36630b62208e5d5ee865IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.93c09d9ecb22860a36cc9

1 hour ago, Kingsong-France said:

Here some pictures of the new KINGSONG app.

The main functions are:

- Speed

- % battery

- Autonomy in km

- Upgrade the firmware

- Control the lights (on/off/auto)

- Level calibration

- Running mode

- Adjust Alarm 1, Alarm 2, Alarm 3 and rocker speed

IMG_2684.thumb.JPG.d36630b62208e5d5ee865IMG_2685.thumb.JPG.93c09d9ecb22860a36cc9

So a new iOS App is coming also?

Archived