King song 16

3 hours ago, Cloud said:

Why not something lighter for your wife, like ips zero?

She currently ride a 9b1 E we like to make some tours. So a 16" with 680 Wh will fit well. I have an old IPS right now, I've made a short run on a Lhotz. IPS isn't right now on any shortlist.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Mistagear said:

Go buy your Gotway and be done, they make good wheels as KS do.
Your profile says Switzerland and now you're trying to cause trouble in US market to a seller just trying to supply wheels to his customers ...obviously one of  fanboyz

As we've some hills over here and this is also the case in some areas of the US and it was asked for capability on inclines it maybe allowed to give an experience from a user. When season starts over here I'll do some videos to show what I mean talking on inclines. All single battery, 500 W basepower models are underpowered or batteries are drained very heavy.

I've also no problem discussing the downsides of the Gotway BMS, or should we simply call it balancer board? I've no stakes in Gotway, I'm no dealer or distributor.

We'll having this year 4 different brands of EU in our family.

1 hour ago, OliverH said:

She currently ride a 9b1 E we like to make some tours. So a 16" with 680 Wh will fit well. I have an old IPS right now, I've made a short run on a Lhotz. IPS isn't right now on any shortlist.

Lhotz is another one i was interested in.  How was it and why nit on a short list? Too weak?

A bit like the Firewheel with active driving. Which means if you accelerate it tilts a bit forward. The IPS was not set to the stiffest mode and couldn't be changed as the Bluetooth died sometime.

Case was broken and looked cheapish. Also the pedals looked cheap use. The owner had two of them.

Single Battery. Not enough in my case with inclines over here.

If you're less than 95 kg, no heavy inclines go for an IPS. It's cheap and a good compromise. If you like a stronger build EU go with the KS. Case and stability is an other class to the IPS.

I started in 2014 with my IPS and thought: hey man what a powerful EU (I learned riding on an X3). This illusion imploded after driving with a Firewheel crew on a tour. Than in this crew the first MCM2 and MSuper appeared. On a tour my IPS stopped after 300-400m driving an incline with beeping and flashing red battery LED indicators. I changed the IPS with a MSuper rider (a light weight guy). The MSuper pushed me easy to the top, another 1-1.5 km with a speed I never could get from my old IPS. The light weight guy had no trouble to reach with my IPS the end of the incline with low speed. So if I make a statement it's always based on my weight and driving inclines. In most areas you've inclines which makes it fun to drive. I think if you hit 90 kg and above you need a powerful motor (800+ W) and a high capacity paralleled battery (680+ Wh) if you have some inclines with more the 10 degree and a distance more than 400 m.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if it is possible to daily carry the KS16 with the handle up and down stairs and on crowded platforms (I'm a commuter)? Looks like the handle can't handle the weight on a regular basis and would probably brake/become pulled out easily?

Or maybe the 16 inch wheel is big enough to handle near 45° stairs with the handle pulled out?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello Every One,

We've got some news, we order KS-16A with 680Wh,520Wh and 340Wh battery pack. Prices will start from 1099€

We gots also some sample from the factory, we are really into this new product. You could see soon a video of it in action.

if you have any question, please feel free to contact us.

1RadWerkstatt and Tina from KS has invented the 340Wh version from the KS16-A. KingSong would not make a 340Wh version....

We have a sample (680Wh) here and test ride is no problem.

We will sell the KS-16A with special Battery options 754Wh and 828Wh, Batterys are of us with best Cell´s from the Market, but this cell´s are more expensive.

Each Wheel are checked in Germany before shippment to customer

Please check out Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/1radwerkstatt

You can see the new Prototype XXL Pedal for all King Song Wheels. The finish pedal become spikes and a better surface on top.... in picture only prototype

The Pedal ist 25cm long end perfect for EU feets.

1RadWerkstatt

@1RadWerkstatt. I have a question about the longer pedals. Dont they scratch on the pavement? Even on regular pedals, when accelerating, turning, braking, sometimes the tip of my shoes and sometimes the heel scratch on the pavement. I am size 11 so the length of my shoes will be about the length of the long pedal. And the pedal will be lower so more likely to scratch. I ride the play mode. What do you think?

The KS16 could be the real breakthrough for Kingsong. Design, size, technical specification, usability is just perfect for a 16" EU. Let's see if the price will be an issue. It could attract some Ninebot customers which like to have a bigger battery to enhance distance and better firmwares, stronger motors. Just wondering if their channel is prepared to push it and makes the volume needed? 

We saw some small teasers, the Video from France. Just some impressions no real emotions and marketing. Up to now no real social media action. If we look back on the launch of Firewheel. They did some work at that time. Why there's so much silence launching the key product of Kingsong?

27 minutes ago, OliverH said:

The KS16 could be the real breakthrough for Kingsong. Design, size, technical specification, usability is just perfect for a 16" EU. Let's see if the price will be an issue. It could attract some Ninebot customers which like to have a bigger battery to enhance distance and better firmwares, stronger motors. Just wondering if their channel is prepared to push it and makes the volume needed? 

We saw some small teasers, the Video from France. Just some impressions no real emotions and marketing. Up to now no real social media action. If we look back on the launch of Firewheel. They did some work at that time. Why there's so much silence launching the key product of Kingsong?

Everything is relative. I dont see any silence going on , ks16 was presented at CES, and the distributors are communicating about it too and offering marketing programs. As you mentined there are reviews out there and when the users receive them they will review also. Kingsong has the new wheel on their website . Not sure what would be a more appropriate level of marketing. What breakthrough do you mean, its a new model with a different/ better aesthetic design, but i am not aware of any drastic changes in specs or technical breakthroughs?  We are all excited in our little world here, but in the grand scheme of things - this too shall pass....:) Any product could benefit from more advertising though. I think you are right about one thing : kingsong should get out of the small company mentality and invest more in their marketing programs, perhaps hire professional camera men crew to shoot a professional commercial and air it. The market is still unsaturated - its still a good time to divide and conquer.....

Archived