King song 16

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I applaud Neale's enthusiasm, it seems a little disingenuous to offer the product at a price from Australia without shipping or duties factored in—of all the countries in the world, are there any more out of the way (and expensive) for US or European customers than Australia? 

If memory serves me right, how many customers received their 18A for the promised $780 back in March? Why is it the products he actually has in stock cost several times this pre-order price?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/788928637871768/?comment_id=790516864379612&comment_tracking=%7B%22tn%22%3A%22R2%22%7D

King Song have advised that a) he is not authorised to sell in other countries but Australia, b.) this sort of predatory undercutting is not permitted under the terms of the distribution agreements.

20 hours ago, Jason McNeil said:

If memory serves me right, how many customers received their 18A for the promised $780 back in March? Why is it the products he actually has in stock cost several times this pre-order price?

Seems that Neale has revised his poster and now the price is 1600$ instead of the original 750$ (!!)

Bummer, every day another disillusionment (http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2135-ips-191-xima-deal-too-good-to-be-true/), lol .')

Really curious what the price will be through various channels when KS16 is properly released....

16 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Seems that Neale has revised his poster and now the price is 1600$ instead of the original 750$ (!!)

Bummer, every day another disillusionment (http://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/2135-ips-191-xima-deal-too-good-to-be-true/), lol .')

Really curious what the price will be through various channels when KS16 is properly released....

USD and Australian Dollar mixed up? But far away from 750 USD.

41 minutes ago, OliverH said:

USD and Australian Dollar mixed up? But far away from 750 USD.

I for one, want to some day wake up in a world where something costs manufacturer $150, doesnt cost more than $300 to the end user :)

25 minutes ago, Cloud said:

I for one, want to some day wake up in a world where something costs manufacturer $150, doesnt cost more than $300 to the end user :)

A dealer and manufacturer should have his margin, no problem with that. As EUs are currently not safety reliable I'm not willing to spend more than a limit I defined by self. It's a question of value. The current models have nice features, good power and battery capacity but the important part is missing, so I can't use it street legal.

Prices shown AUD, nothing disingenuous here. Every customer wether international or in Australia / NZ have received their Milbay unicycles at exactly the price they were quoted.
Very strange that this accusation was made by Jason. On price everything was quite clear that express freight and charges were not included. 

Not only have all Milbay customers received their unicycles they have also benefited from our advice and after sales service - no unhappy 500W customers in Australia.

If you are in Sydney then go to SkaterHQ where Bill can show you the GTS 800W in action. Always trying to do it better down under

• 16 hours ago, Tomek said:

Hi Tomek, AUD $1600.00 includes Australian GST of 10% plus 2 years warranty. I find it interesting that when I post AUD I get people thinking it is in USD and when I post USD they think it includes freight even though they know I do not know their location and freight costs vary from location to location. It is hard to even make some of the people happy some of the time haha

•  

5 hours ago, Neale Gray said:
  • Hi Tomek, AUD $1600.00 includes Australian GST of 10% plus 2 years warranty. I find it interesting that when I post AUD I get people thinking it is in USD and when I post USD they think it includes freight even though they know I do not know their location and freight costs vary from location to location. It is hard to even make some of the people happy some of the time haha

Hi @Neale Gray, I guess the best way to make everyone happy would be to ship them the wheel for the factory price .')

I totally understand that you came up with the attractive 750USD price too quickly and needed to revise it to make any profit on the whole deal. That said, your explanations of the price revision don't add up. Original price you advertised of 750USD = 1050AUD. If you add 10% GST you're still at 1155 AUD, not 1600AUD. Arguing that the remaining 445AUD is for the 2 year warranty is a bit of a stretch, and not having included all of this in the official announcement is not really fair... I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you announce a low price and then revise it the next day by making it substantially higher, you will not make anyone happy, just cause disappointment. I also think that everyone here would understand if you admitted that you had to revise your initial, hasty offer for business reasons - period, without coming up with explanations that don't add up .') Don't take it personal, i've been following Milibay facebook activity and I think you're doing a totally professional job with your business and it's great to get some more details on this cool new wheel.

26 minutes ago, Tomek said:

Hi @Neale Gray, I guess the best way to make everyone happy would be to ship them the wheel for the factory price .')

I totally understand that you came up with the attractive 750USD price too quickly and needed to revise it to make any profit on the whole deal. That said, your explanations of the price revision don't add up. Original price you advertised of 750USD = 1050AUD. If you add 10% GST you're still at 1155 AUD, not 1600AUD. Arguing that the remaining 445AUD is for the 2 year warranty is a bit of a stretch, and not having included all of this in the official announcement is not really fair... I guess what I'm trying to say is that if you announce a low price and then revise it the next day by making it substantially higher, you will not make anyone happy, just cause disappointment. I also think that everyone here would understand if you admitted that you had to revise your initial, hasty offer for business reasons - period, without coming up with explanations that don't add up .') Don't take it personal, i've been following Milibay facebook activity and I think you're doing a totally professional job with your business and it's great to get some more details on this cool new wheel.

Hi, I can assure everyone that the revision was not for any reasons suggested, please send me a private message for a confidential reply on the price.

"I guess the best way to make everyone happy would be to ship them the wheel for the factory price " maybe I am EU Santa, message me :)

None of the distributors have physical possession of one yet. An early prototype was unveiled at the Hong Kong Global Sourcing Event in October, where I was lucky enough to be the first non-King Song employee to try it :)

'https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/887012774730020/

King Song 16 Inch Wheel
Tried the new 16" KS prototype yesterday. 
- Will be released around November (wasn't this slightly optimistic?)
- Retractable handle is not the final design, prototype is not the strongest
- Handle can be used to carry the Wheel in the recessed position
- LEDs on the outside panels, like the 9B1, controlled through BT App
- Prototype is quite heavy over 16.8kg
- Pedals have a decent amount of clearance, equivalent or better to 9B1
- Styling is quite good, looks better in the flesh than the picture posted yesterday
- Like other KSs, there is directionality, a front/back (in the video, I'm riding it backwards...)

To sum up, how does it compare to the 9B1? 
Will be about the same weight, but has over 50% more power, twice the number of battery cells (& range), a retractable carrying handle, head/tail light & better ergonomics.

Jason,

Cheers for that write-up.  It will be interesting to see how that handle ends up working, given your initial impression of the prototype.

Also looking forward to seeing various battery configurations - although bigger is always better!

@OliverH The Milbay GTS Rockstar model will use a 16 inch (400mm) hub, fitting nicely in between the 14 and 18 inch models.

Having ridden various 14s, 18s and of course the crazy 26 inch I have pretty good idea of what to expect.

GTS 16 motor power will be the same as 14 and 18 inch (800W) using same reliable 680Wh battery system.

Steering will be slightly slower than the14 which is of course super nimble and slightly faster than the 18 inch, the difference between the 14 and 18 is noticeable and cannot be turned as quickly as the 14 inch. The GTS 16 is stabilised at the shin the same as the 14. The GTS 18 is stabilised at the knee.

The 16 inch hub will ride over rougher surfaces better than the 14 but not as nicely as the 18 inch.

On speed, the GTS16 will cruise safely at about 25 - 30 km/h (70 - 80 kg rider) with the usual strong dynamic stability that Milbay and KS owners know so well. GTS 16 is likely to be slightly faster than 14 and slightly slower than 18 with acceleration in the middle.

The app will be slightly different to accommodate the new features and will be easier to update as a result of new developments. (please don't ask about backwards compatibility with earlier/other models lol )

The GTS 16 is a more refined motouni and will make any rider feel like a "Rockstar" with its sleek styling, music and mood lighting.

When you ride a Rockstar be ready for the public attention, especially at night.

On the integrated pull up handle; the production version handle will use different material and construction to the prototype which was designed only as proof of concept. Do not worry as usual the new GTS 16 will be a strong and high quality unicycle.

We build up to a quality not down to a price.

On price, if anyone saw an add and is feeling a little like something is not quite right then please understand Milbay operate by the rules of truth in advertising, and will rectify any issues from clients regarding any Milbay promotion.

Simply fill in the Pre Release form here http://www.milbay.com.au/SBV/MB16GTS

Enter what you saw in an add and where you saw it in the notes section of the form.

Milbay want you to be happy this Christmas even if you have to wait until February.

38 minutes ago, Neale Gray said:

@Cloud I don't want to point out the obvious but you can wheel the GTS backwards if you are Left handed, else pop in to Neddlies Left Hand emporium next to the big Hammocks district on Main street and pick up a conversion kit

Love that image!

dont want to point out the obvious, but if you flip the wheel 180, the orientation of the handle will not change :) 

Archived