That one ban

@MonoI hope you do stick around as you are a valued member and you are not alone in sharing concerns. If I understand correctly Aneta was banned because she/he was frequently posting replies or content that could be viewed as argumentative in nature. Its a fine line between arguing and debating and if the bulk of a member's posts follow this pattern, then they could be viewed as disruptive. The mods need maintain a friendly forum, so ultimately its up to them how they decide to handle the situation.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, travsformation said:

Mono, there is MUCH you don't know about what happened, things are not necessarily how they might seem to you. Believe me, if they were it wouldn't have been tolerated.

When a moderator asks you to trust him, what he's trying to say is "You don't have enough puzzle pieces to know what the whole picture actually looks like. We do, and believe us, if you did too, you'd understand why we made the decision we made".

There's also a reason why further discussion on the subject isn't being encouraged and no additional details are being provided. These decisions aren't arbitrary and have been carefully meditated. Once again, you'd need to see the entire picture to understand, all I can say is that they've been made with the benefit of the community at large in mind.

Absolutely this.

I see myself in no position to demand answers/reasons as to why a mod has banned someone. Theres a lot to it that may be sensitive, and a lot that would cause further damage should it be posted in public. Nor should mods have to answer to me anyway.

I can understand why a member may casually ask why someone has been banned (although I wouldn't personally, as mods don't ban people for no reason) but as soon as a mod says 'it's not up for discussion' then it's game over and move on. It's a shame that 'moving on' to some may mean leaving the forum.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, winterwheel said:

Banning someone from a forum isn't bullying.

Agreed, the bullying I was referring to took place before the ban. Removing the one who was bullied was the solution (just not the type of solution I am generally interested in), AFAICS. But now thinking about it, in this scenario also the ban should be considered somewhat as part of the bullying.

19 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

If you can't live with it, you'd be the latest (and last) victim of that person doing damage to this forum.

"If the victim would not have been there, no harm would have been done. Then, whos fault is it?" Nice try.

Aneta is not the reason for my lost interest whereas, in part, your reaction is. You could possibly change the outcome by some relatively simple measure you chose not to take, namely point to a few of the "disruptive" posts Aneta got warned for (I assume there must have been warnings, I don't know for a fact) and ultimately banned. Do however you like, I don't feel to be a victim from any of this, certainly not of "that person doing damage to this forum", AKA the unspeakable Aneta.

19 hours ago, Nic said:

I hope you do stick around

If I'd just get to see a few examples of posts that lead to the ban ;)

16 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

I always love these melodramatic departures.

You are welcome :D 

I just lost interest in contributing, like some of you lost interest in talking about bans. There's nothing melodramatic on my side, just letting you know before to disappear...after, oups, almost five years with averaging 2-3 posts per day, most of course rumbling nonsense like this one :(, so...

17 hours ago, Marty Backe said:

This Forum and everything else will continue on its merry way whether you, I, or anyone else departs.

I thought and think so too (no bad conscious), though if I'd be observing a repeated pattern of melodramatic departures I'd start wondering. "Everything will be alright no matter what" isn't a real thing. Good luck.

• Like 1

Just now, Unventor said:

Please time to move on. Now that said, I am pretty stoked to see what Inmotion got cooking. The smell from the kitchen is very promising from what Liam from Inmotion shared the past few days. No final specs but he got me very interested. 

Since I were busy with work, I get back tomorrow, to follow up in Inmotion announcements thread (I have not checked it yet today). I will update the info given if it is missing. 

My two starter wheels having been Inmotion wheels, I for one would love to see them take wheels as seriously as Gotway and KS do.

• Like 1

@Mono you should consider taking a few days off to let yourself consider all the points and that you might just be stressed a little. Aneta could always rejoin the forum under a different alias (if she wanted to) and then she would be careful not to repeat her errors by ignoring warnings. So, in the end no one has been hurt and order has been maintained. It really isn't such a big deal once you see it like this. There has been no real harm done to anyone, just some inconvenience. :) :popcorn:

Edited by Nic

43 minutes ago, winterwheel said:

My two starter wheels having been Inmotion wheels, I for one would love to see them take wheels as seriously as Gotway and KS do.

• 4 weeks later...

As ex-mod of a busy vehicle-related forum, after a while you just ban trouble as soon as it arrives.  They can make a new account and try again.  And holy s**t, the sheer amount of spammer accounts.  Forum modding takes TIME!!!

Edited by xorbe
  • Like 3