That one ban

14 hours ago, Daley1 said:

Maybe a Mod could post to the forum, reasons for his/her ban

2 hours ago, meepmeepmayer said:

Aneta was banned because the account was too disruptive to a healthy forum culture here.

WOW, that sounds like a politician talking.

Every time people stopped talking about EUCs and started arguing with "her" attention-bait.

Every time, really! Then why not ban the people who do the disruptive talking all the time? It seems to be on them.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

32 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

The ban was not because of one topic. That was just when we decided it was too much.

14 minutes ago, Rehab1 said:

All of moderators had a say in this. This was by no means a knee jerk reaction. A month of profound deliberations took place coupled with weighing the comments from other concerned members. 

I cannot remember any off topic post of Aneta. I just checked the last nine posts on different topics, nothing off topic. I can clearly remember a post which points out how remarkable it is that she never even responded to the mocking and ridiculing of her profile picture by othersWould you mind to point to a couple of posts which highlight the reason for the ban? That should be easy after months of deliberations.

I certainly found her (on topic) arguments on the "How many of us are there" complete unconvincing and non-sense, but that can hardly be a reason for a ban.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:25 AM, meepmeepmayer said:

@Mono Why do you care?

Because I do. I do care if people are bullied. I prefer not to be part of a group that bullies outsiders due to a badly chosen profile picture, even when I got assured that I (and everybody else but that very person) will never become a victim.

We mods finally decided to remove one single problem member. I don't want to be rude, but am not going to repeat all the mod discussions we had to have about Aneta (a lot), even if you are curious (I fully understand and I don't blame you). Enough time has been wasted on this instead of spending it with electric unicycles. I have to ask you to trust us. We are not stupid or unprofessional.

Funny that you mention it though :D

This means nothing to you or anyone else in broader terms (in the sense that you could read anything out of it). Best to forget about it.

If "trust us" and "forget about it" is the final "professional" answer (to the question I asked above in bold), I have lost interest in contributing to this forum any longer. Cheers either way!

40 minutes ago, Mono said:

I have lost interest in contributing to this forum any longer.

Nice move, I really appreciate it and I can live (despite great sadness over the loss of an EUC brother) very good with your decision. 

I wish you the best. 

@Mono Look at Reddit for bad moderators. Try to say something conservative on /r/politics for example and see how fast your comment will be "Removed by moderator".

This is a low moderation forum. How many bans were there in the last year (not including people who came here just to spam)?

• Like 2