First Purchase Advice

Godfrey Miti

Hello,

I'm looking into buying my first self balancing board or segway. and I really want would like something with good range possibly below $500. I weigh 78kgs and would like something that can take me at least 20KMs on one charge. Is there anything out there that can? Should I get an EU instead? How about the ninebot Mini? It's looks great and is in my price range. Thanks in advance.

My personal opinion would be, get a unicycle. Its harder to learn in the beginning than on a seg-thing but you get a lot more practicability out of it. And you actually could go 20km with it. I am not sure if you want to ride 20km on the segthing in one stint. They are not made for long distance.

Cant comment on the mini, havent seen one in real life yet.

We're all a little biased towards electric unicycles because they give you a much better weight/performance ratio. The Ninebot Mini looks good for the price and is much better than the super-cheap balancing boards out there. Still, it's got tiny wheels just like the those boards which means it will have a hard time on rough surfaces. A 20km range isn't much either, you'll find you'll want more if you really want to ride it. Finally, it's 13kg and looks like it would be cumbersome to pick up in case you needed to go up some stairs or get into a train.

Archived