seage

What do you look for in an EUC Youtube Channel?

On 1/21/2020 at 7:22 AM, seage said:

I feel like theres a path down the center. I'm not trying to make a series showing action highlights of all the top EUC riders in the world. I kinda want to tell a story and make an experience.

I have a series planned where the EUC kinda gets me places, but isnt the main point, but in the one im asking about here, Its kinda part of the story. Its a major focus, but not so much in a traditional way. I think we've seen that in other fields, but not in an area like EUC's because we're so new. Well, i think we're kind of at a point where I'm going to have to show, not tell. And i dont think im going to do a good job my first time around, haha. But hey, if you can spare some of that attention for me XD.

But yeah, main point, i think you hit the nail on the head there with your comment about being unique and charismatic. I think thats always been the angle ive tried to go, but then placed the focus on something. I had an art youtube channel, and it  immediately turned into a series where I talked about mental health. The art really wasnt necessary. Since then, i've tried to find a balance between art/imagery and the story and message I wanted to portray. I wanted to film and make cool stuff, but i also wanted art to not just be a background element. It came to a head when I made this: 

Im going to try hard to NOT illustrate for every video I do, lmfao. Thats too much work. But I would like to be creative with this and take a fun approach that hopefully everyone will enjoy, even if its a little different from the better/ more informative, more group ride/park based channels. 

I completely agree with your approach, Seage. We're all different and have different skill sets and talents, and that diversity is what brings about interesting and unique content. Everyone should focus on what they're best at, and as you said, go for it!

By the way, I really enjoyed your video! You have good storytelling skills, so those should definitely be the heart of your channel. You also have a good "narrator voice", I think you should put it to good use! :)

On 1/20/2020 at 10:10 PM, seage said:

I think my skills are kinda funny. They're total opposites. I'm really good at speaking. Especially in the form of conversation. And im also good at picking up sound, like ambient noises. Like you find in ASMR. So basically, no talking LOL. I like to do funny rants, so i'm not mad, but i get kinda jokingly heated. And so on. Planning to play within this zone. I do know where I'm weak. And that is the technical side. Don't ask me about batteries and how the motors work and how to create a custom motherboard. But I think I know how to humanize these wheels. Im pretty good at lowering peoples defenses in one on one conversations. Wow, ew...I never want to speak kindly about myself again. 

I would watch this. I like to go cruise around and soak in the city and nature.

I wonder, how would you capture ambient sound while riding? It feel wind would make that tricky, unless you are riding < 15mph

46 minutes ago, brockj said:

I wonder, how would you capture ambient sound while riding? It feel wind would make that tricky, unless you are riding < 15mph

Search on Google "How to make a dead cat" If you are using a Gopro you can also get something like this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00OJFJPF8/  You will find several videos on youtube where folks make their own or buy deadcats and do before and after comparisons.  

4 hours ago, brockj said:

I've already done it. As @rainystateguy stated, i have a cover for my gopro. I am planning to make a custom binaural setup mounted on my bag but that'll be a spring project. 

If you listen to the sound here, you'll hear it. It works pretty well

On 1/21/2020 at 10:51 PM, rainystateguy said:

That was one of the most incredible videos I have ever seen in my 73 years on this earth. You are incredibly talented, Sir. I look forward to seeing more of your work...And you have mastered riding an EUC?  This beginning rider is so in awe.

Thank yo so much. Reading that made me feel so humbled. 

I haven't mastered it. Which is great, theres always something new to learn on the EUC. I can't ride backwards yet and only just started riding down stairs and so on. Theres lots for me to learn. 

BTW guys, thread moved to the brand-new "video-making and gear" section :)