MSX Pro - first impressions.

Gasmantle

Please forgive me if this video has already been posted elsewhere in the forum and feel free to delete the thread if it has.

Anyway Speedyfeets thoughts on the shortly expected MSX Pro :-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjwYWYn9HFY

Surely the quoted 20km safe cruising speed from a 2600w motor has to be a misprint :unsure:

• Like 1

There's a few odd things mentioned in the video (like the cut-off switch position and the exposed speakers). I think we need to wait to see the final production version to know how well it has been engineered.

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/16/2020 at 7:17 AM, Gasmantle said:

Surely the quoted 20km safe cruising speed from a 2600w motor has to be a misprint :unsure:

20km/h is actually just what it says on GotWays site for all wheels, (including the 100v MSX!), so we’re all good there

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/7/2020 at 9:27 AM, mrelwood said:

Nice review, thanks! Would’ve been really interesting to see the 100V MSX in the uphill comparison though. It would’ve made it easier to pinpoint what is due to the new motor, and what is due to it being a 100V system.

Really great to see you speaking your honest opinions about the wheel out loud!

The 100v and 84v MSX have the same motor. It would be same results. 

5 minutes ago, MickeyMicklos said:

The 100v and 84v MSX have the same motor. It would be same results. 

Many testers say that they notice a difference between a 100V and a 84V MSX already under just medium acceleration. I wish I had the chance to test that myself though.

1 hour ago, mrelwood said:

Many testers say that they notice a difference between a 100V and a 84V MSX already under just medium acceleration. I wish I had the chance to test that myself though.

They are mistaken. Plecibo effect. All 100v allows you to do is have a higher power ceiling, so you can go faster. But arguably if you’re going 20-30mph uphill on 84v you don’t need a 100v to take you up that hill at 35-40mph. 

• Like 1