How many of us are there?

winterwheel

9 hours ago, Seba said:

Great story! :thumbup: I have to share it on my blog for Polish community. This year we don't have any winter here, but it's the same with me - I ride everyday in every conditions. And I love it!

As an aside, one of the core members of our little crew here is Polish, and regularly travels back there.

• Like 1

Add +1 to whatever number you come up with. I talked it up to a guy who saw me rolling into the office and said he has been thinking about getting one for 6 months. I spent 10 minutes marketing it ;-)

Then I spent some time riding along the hallway at work to spark more interest.

HI, as I've just written in the other topic about Eu laws, lately I travelled abroad in some european countries, I visited for months mainly Wien, Salzburg, Praha, Amsterdam and Rotterdam and I saw around the streets only 3 Eucs: 2 inmotion (a V10f in Wien and-for the second time-,a V8 in Salzburg) and one unidentified in Amsterdam (I think it was a Gotway). 

In Italy lately has been sadly forbidden to ride eucs but in the pedestrian areas at the max speed of 6 Kmh (SIX) that is 3,7 Mph.  Disheartening. 

Last time I was in Canada I never saw Eucs but it's a lot of time ago, they have a lot of free space to ride there, I'd be curious to know how is nowadays the situation in Toronto, Vancouver and other canadian areas, in my view a country with many perfect places for Eucists. 

In Europe  I guess there won't be more than 10000 active users, maybe less. More realistic a range of 5K-10K. 

I mean eucists using their e-wheels daily or every possible time they wish and can.  

What about South America or Australia and New Zealand?Japan ?  Never heard anything about them...  

Edited by Eko

17 hours ago, null said:

I’d bet Paris alone have upward 10k wheelers, but we’ve been betting for many pages now 🤷🏼‍♀️

Active users ?   It seems unbelievable, but it would be great to see several thousands people commuting with Eucs every single day in a capital city. 

About the "numbers"  I only clarify that my european estimated "range" of active euc users/riders was only based on my own experience in the cities and countries I visited in the months of Spring and Autumn of the last year.  

If there are a LOT of Eucs more all around in other countries like France for my part I'm only super-happy and positively surprised about it.  Really. 

I'd like to have the chance to strongly support (I mean also finance) the public "spreading" of Euc, particularly in urban environment

Edited by Eko

I rarely spend an hour outside without seing 2-3 EUCs , so considering 12 million people including suburb, I find upward 10K more or less active not that impossible. A lot of people won't be hanging on forums or tracking GPS. Anyhow, a lot of guesstimations for everyone :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new heat map function in euc.world doesn't give numbers, but does offer a representative idea of where there's the highest concentration of riders (in the West and using android and EUC World):

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

The heat map is really cool, but it seems to suggest there is more going on than is. I am the only rider in my area (well, two now), and my simple solo rides thru my neighborhood are  creating quite an awesome heat splash. I could only imagine that if there was a mere 3 of us in the same hood, it would look like a HUGE group. Regardless, I was just checking back on this to see how the interview went and if we came up with any more concrete numbers.  I do know that the more euc riders we have out here, the more likely it will get worse and not better(legally).

Edited by ShanesPlanet