Gotway MTen3., the Lil wheel that don't know it!

On 1/13/2020 at 7:22 PM, Cutiyo said:

You will have yourself a blast for sure.

You're not kidding, received mine (325wh/84v) earlier today and rode for a couple hours, what a fun little wheel!!  Never thought I'd be able to do figure 8's in such a small space, I'm also surprised at how zippy it is, even with my 210 lb body weight, I'm still limited on experience but it's a nice addition to my 16x.  I gotta figure out the speed warnings, I think I've indicated 24 kph on the Gotway app but was getting beeps, I don't need much more speed but a few more mph would be nice.  All in all, very happy with my new Mten3:)   

Oh yeah, I appreciate your help with set up!!

Edited by RetroThruster

19 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

You're not kidding, received mine (325wh/84v) earlier today and rode for a couple hours, what a fun little wheel!!  Never thought I'd be able to do figure 8's in such a small space, I'm also surprised at how zippy it is, even with my 210 lb body weight, I'm still limited on experience but it's a nice addition to my 16x.  I gotta figure out the speed warnings, I think I've indicated 24 kph on the Gotway app but was getting beeps, I don't need much more speed but a few more mph would be nice.  All in all, very happy with my new Mten3:)   

Oh yeah, I appreciate your help with set up!!

325Wh will sag badly with your weight. no surprise your top speed/warning threshold will be lower 

• Like 3

Since configuration of both 512Wh (Sanyo GA 3450mAh) and 325Wh (Sony V3 2250mAh) batteries is the same (20s2p), the internal resistance of each will be proportional to resistance of cells used: 

38mOhm for Sanyo GA: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red) UK.html

32mOhn for Sony V3: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sony US18650V3 2250mAh (Green) UK.html

so actually expected result should be that 512Wh will have a bit higher sag than 325Wh version, for the same current (same load). For example, at 10A sag will be 10*(0.038*20/2) = 3.8V for Sanyo, vs. 3.2V for Sony.

1 hour ago, Aneta said:

Since configuration of both 512Wh (Sanyo GA 3450mAh) and 325Wh (Sony V3 2250mAh) batteries is the same (20s2p), the internal resistance of each will be proportional to resistance of cells used: 

38mOhm for Sanyo GA: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sanyo NCR18650GA 3500mAh (Red) UK.html

32mOhn for Sony V3: https://lygte-info.dk/review/batteries2012/Sony US18650V3 2250mAh (Green) UK.html

so actually expected result should be that 512Wh will have a bit higher sag than 325Wh version, for the same current (same load). For example, at 10A sag will be 10*(0.038*20/2) = 3.8V for Sanyo, vs. 3.2V for Sony.

Did you look at the discharge curve @ 10A on the Sony V3? You cant even get 1.25Ah out of an individual cell before the 3.3V cutoff on Gotway wheels, which makes the 325Wh Mten3 essentially a 175Wh wheel in practice given how hard this 20s2p has to work. I wouldn’t be surprised if the lower capacity variant can’t even sniff the 24-26 MPH top speed of its Sanyo GA 512Wh older brother.

I somehow doubt Gotway changed the voltage end point on the units with Sony cells. 

Capacity under load is totally different matter than voltage sag. 10A for Sanyo is 2.9C, while for Sony 4.4C, so Sony cells will be loaded more and will have less usable capacity. This should not affect top speed at the same SoC, however.

But I agree, 2p is miserable; no hoverwheel for an adult should have less than 4p - period. 2p is ok for children. Also, no wheel should have a single battery (i.e. with single output connector and single BMS) - the battery should always have at least 2 parallel, independent parts with their own BMS and output connector (even if battery compartment is above tire), so that if one connector or BMS fails, it most likely won't end up in total malfunction (aka FMAAMF*).

* Face, Meet Asphalt; Asphalt, Meet Face

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Aneta said:

Capacity under load is totally different matter than voltage sag. 10A for Sanyo is 2.9C, while for Sony 4.4C, so Sony cells will be loaded more and will have less usable capacity. This should not affect top speed at the same SoC, however.

The problem is the Sony cells won’t ever have a realistically usable SOC for the 39 kph final alarm, which trips between 80-100% SOC.  My 512Wh Mten instantly sags 6V even under a light load; I can only imagine the 325Wh being even worse. Like I said, I seriously doubt Gotway did any reimagining of the 80% final alarm for the smaller capacity mten3. 

• Like 1

Given the specs of the "Luffy" and factoring other variables, weight, road conditions, etc., you maybe hard pressed to go relatively faster than that even if it states at a minimum you can go 23mph. I'd first go back into either the Gotway app or EUC World app, find the alarm setting. In the Gotway app, turn off your 1st and 2nd tilt back alarms and scroll down the tilt back speed setting and set it for 37. It may do absolutley nothing in terms of getting you more than 14mph because the wheel is being overpowered by those variables I mentioned above. I hope this help in sheading some light on the matter.

• Like 1