7 hours ago, NickNonsense said:

Whats the purpose of those, grip? or something to leverage your foot against for jumps?

basically they hold your foot in place, helps a bit for pushing and if you want you can jump :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

How bad is the trolley handle on the MSP (or all Gotway in general?)? I've read vague stories of people losing control over it in the store if they don't pay attention which seems pretty embarrassing. 😁

From what I understand it's the positioning of it that is awkward and as such you can accidentally push the MSP into an unintentional lean getting it to speed off, is that correct?

12 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

From what I understand it's the positioning of it that is awkward and as such you can accidentally push the MSP into an unintentional lean getting it to speed off, is that correct?

Basically nailed it on the head, its alright(ish) when you get used to it but if that leans a little too much to one side that thing is like a rocket 

Edited by NickNonsense
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

How bad is the trolley handle on the MSP (or all Gotway in general?)? I've read vague stories of people losing control over it in the store if they don't pay attention which seems pretty embarrassing. 😁

Link to specific timestamp:

https://youtu.be/C9v2A3J9IyI?t=329

• Like 1

Oh so it's side-wards if you lean it too much that's an issue, but I guess that can happen easily since it's in the back like that, not only embarrassing when it happens but also giving EUC's a bad rep if it happens in a store or near people. 😅

Gotway really have to fix this trolley design it's a major weak-point.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rawnei said:

Gotway really have to fix this trolley design it's a major weak-point.

Well had my MSX for 2 yrs now and the handle still works over 4k of serious off roading and serious tumbles 

KS16 X broke within 300Kms 

Inmotion V10F partial covered the real light when closed had to be modified

So i beg to differ

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Gaz Bon said:

Well had my MSX for 2 yrs now and the handle still works over 4k of serious off roading and serious tumbles 

KS16 X broke within 300Kms 

Inmotion V10F partial covered the real light when closed had to be modified

So i beg to differ

The complaint is not about how robust the handle is but rather it's functionality, it's not acceptable to have your wheel fly off inside a store or in a crowd, it's bad for you, it's bad for everyone around you and it's bad for EUC reputation.

• Like 1

Can confirm handle problematic/pain to use. I was take my KS16X to all shop with me no problem. MSP no way go to place where people is just no! Now i park on some wall near shop entrance or leave MSP outside shop. Is unrideable with wristguard and troley safely. Only time where is handle usefull is when i need rest/walk because leg pain and troley MSP just front no turns. MSP is cruiser not shop/city/metro/bus/train machine. If you need convience all-in EUC take 16X. 

Little hack is if MSP troley push in hand little continiously up this make MSP acelerate slowly this position make more stability on troley.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rawnei said:

The complaint is not about how robust the handle is but rather it's functionality

Well if the handle is broken then it is not functional ??? 

i understood the question and have never had the weak wrist problem maybe to much masturbation :)

• Like 1

I've never once had any kind of problem or issue with my MSuper handle. I take it into the store with me all the time and it's never tried to "run away" or twist sideways or accelerate randomly. It's all about the handling.

If you think about it behaving more organically (like a smallish animal) then I think its movements will start to make more sense... The handle is off-axis from the axle, so the movements required to control it are more subtle and organic. You're more guiding it with firm suggestions than you are controlling it like a remote control car or something...

Just because it's not a problem for you guys personally doesn't mean the problem does not exist, you have to think outside of your own perspective sometimes.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Just because it's not a problem for you guys personally doesn't mean the problem does not exist, you have to think outside of your own perspective sometimes.

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect intended, but can you define the problem clearly?

I have mentioned the MSX handle so many times.
The handle is to be used within the limitations of it's design. As with anything!

Simply do not lean the wheel to the sides to turn it! Steer it and twist it from behind.
I use an overhand grip.
I have gone shopping countless times with the MSX. It just requires being present.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

I mean this with absolutely no disrespect intended, but can you define the problem clearly?

I think it's been clearly defined multiple times before but you can lose control over the wheel when pushing it by the trolley if you let your attention wander which could easily happen in certain situations, it could be avoided by a centered trolley design.

5 minutes ago, Mike Sacristan said:

I have mentioned the MSX handle so many times.
The handle is to be used within the limitations of it's design. As with anything!

Simply do not lean the wheel to the sides to turn it! Steer it and twist it from behind.
I use an overhand grip.
I have gone shopping countless times with the MSX. It just requires being present.

Yep but surely you have to agree it's bad design and there are better trolley solutions in existence? 😉

1 minute ago, Rawnei said:

I think it's been clearly defined multiple times before but you can lose control over the wheel when pushing it by the trolley if you let your attention wander which could easily happen in certain situations, it could be avoided by a centered trolley design.

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that one CAN lose control over the wheel when pushing it via the trolley handle, however I think that would only ever be the case if one allows their attention to wander, like you said. It is my opinion that in that case the fault lies with the user, not the machine or its design. 

3 minutes ago, Rawnei said:

Yep but surely you have to agree it's bad design and there are better trolley solutions in existence? 😉

Mmmm, just my opinion again, but I would say that this statement is only true for certain mind-sets. "Better" is completely subjective.

I don't think that championing one's favored design over any other design will really help with determining their relative worth, or "how bad" one of them is. In this particular case I think you would need to dive a bit deeper into the mechanics of all the solutions (as well as the control methods and techniques) and investigate not only the hows, but also the whys involved. In the end you'll probably find that all things considered, there really is no clear winner -- rather, there are just a bunch of amazing machines and crazy people who like to use them in very different ways.

Cheers! :thumbup:

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

Yes, I wholeheartedly agree that one CAN lose control over the wheel when pushing it via the trolley handle, however I think that would only ever be the case if one allows their attention to wander, like you said. It is my opinion that in that case the fault lies with the user, not the machine or its design.

You guys make fair and valid points but I strongly disagree with the bolded part because unexpected things can and will happen, like you are walking in a store full of people and activity and get distracted by something unexpected that can happen to anyone and I don't think it should be blame on the user for not focusing enough on how they are pushing their wheel with the trolley in a situation like that.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, and they are under tension too. That's the first I fixed after I opened the shell. 

You should move the buzzer behind the headlight air vents. 

20200910-140451.jpg

20200910-140458.jpg

Edited by buell47
  • Like 2