27 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

I got my 16X so wet last winter the on off switch stopped working and I had to replace the PCB with integrated switch. Would I have similar issues with the MSP? 

Yes.

Ingress areas are the power button area, and trolley handle area, same as all MSuper's since V3.

Ingress at these points will not dump water directly into the packs nor the controller... but water can accumulate in the interior of the shell and will be difficult to drain. If it does not drain, things corrode and the electrical system can be destroyed.

My experience with MSX: I ride wet and muddy surfaces extensively; I do not ride in falling rain. This means I'm subject to splash ingress, but not trolley and button ingress. I remove mud from my pedals and inner fender with a garden hose, and leave the wheel upright to dry. After 1,800mi of this torture, I opened my shell last week and found light dust and no moisture. Happy customer.

MSP has rubber seals at the panel gaps that MSX does not, which we're speculating make it harder to dry out inside. The good news is there is heat (board) and air circulation (little vents)- I suspect riders that use the wheel frequently and in warm climates will have drier cases than others. Mine stabilizes at 130°F on warm days, and I ride >100mi/wk, offering lots of opportunity for airflow and baking.

If I bought an MSP today, I'd consider removing some bottom-edge gaskets or drilling drain holes near the pedal hangers, to ensure vertical drainage of any water that may pool inside...

On 6/3/2020 at 9:58 PM, Preston Palmer said:

Anyone experience a case rub with the MSP?  When riding one foot I can get the case to buzz on the tire.

Yes, just depends on the tire fitment- it's normal for tires to vary in dimensions within their production tolerance.

It's ez to fix:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNEm4dSA7CcEsZe5a0SU6Ta1jRAW2jOB-8B7VqqoYcDw26159mm1aobn14SLDAxog/photo/AF1QipMzdaGaTLK3d-4K_A-9xPoqlMV5fSxZwoSr9xCM?key=bkpuMkF3OTA4WGJ0bmw0cURHODNEWlF3ZVVQcHFR

Edited by RagingGrandpa
  • Like 3

On 6/14/2020 at 9:01 AM, EMA said:

i have a production model, don't know if gw changed the firmware on that, motor code is c38 ;)

don't have any offset, speed is pretty accurate with gps too

Well that's answered that question then. As I said, weird. Funnily enough I watched a recent youtube vid today (wrong way maybe?) where the guy bought an MSS but actually received an MSP. Even he said he got 3rd alarm in the 'early thirties' which would concur with our findings, and everything else I have read/seen about the MSP speed.

Clearly you got a Monday build, with all the best bits put into it :)

49 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

Yes.

Ingress areas are the power button area, and trolley handle area, same as all MSuper's since V3.

It infuriates me that Gotway cant do something as simple as fitting a waterproof power button. Trying to hermetically seal a case etc is not easy I admit, but bloody hell its not rocket science to find a splashproof power switch. The marine markets have millions of them. I never ride if it looks like rain but I got caught out few days ago in a light shower and there I was, worrying about a ruddy power button. I'm inclined to find a replacement just so I dont need to think about it.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Planemo said:

I never ride if it looks like rain but I got caught out few days ago in a light shower and there I was, worrying about a ruddy power button.

A simple foam cover would give you peace of mind then... pad the whole thing up while you're at it :)

ACtC-3eIC-3stIoZiBWjpvJeSkw44L6eZWjptwS2

• Like 2

Hello people !

I was thinking of buying a wheel to use daily to go to work, to go out, to go to the market / shopping, that is, for everything!

So I thought of a versatile, powerful, and comfortable wheel for sitting when I feel tired or my feet hurt.

Initially I thought about purchasing the MSP, but after seeing some videos of people walking with a seat it gave me the impression that the seat is very low making the ride uncomfortable, like an adult in a children's Velotrol with legs very curled.

Maybe with a higher seat it would be better, but I don't know if it is possible to buy a third seat or make an adjustment myself by placing more layers on top of the original seat.

I have 1.65m.  Can someone who has msx / msp with a seat tell me their impressions of sitting?

Which is more comfortable to ride with a seat: MSP or Ks 16x?

For that factor, I am now undecided between MSP vs Monster 100v v3.

If anyone can share their experiences regarding seating, I will be very grateful.

Hug, Thanks!

On 6/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, Rapha Assunção said:

Hello people !

I was thinking of buying a wheel to use daily to go to work, to go out, to go to the market / shopping, that is, for everything!

So I thought of a versatile, powerful, and comfortable wheel for sitting when I feel tired or my feet hurt.

Initially I thought about purchasing the MSP, but after seeing some videos of people walking with a seat it gave me the impression that the seat is very low making the ride uncomfortable, like an adult in a children's Velotrol with legs very curled.

Maybe with a higher seat it would be better, but I don't know if it is possible to buy a third seat or make an adjustment myself by placing more layers on top of the original seat.

I have 1.65m.  Can someone who has msx / msp with a seat tell me their impressions of sitting?

If anyone can share their experiences regarding seating, I will be very grateful.

Hug, Thanks!

if sitting is important for you the monster is the only wheel comfortable on that, on msp and 16x the seat is too low.

if you want the most comfortable wheel go with the monster

the most versatile and powerfull on the market is the MSP ( leave the 16x...;) )

On 6/17/2020 at 6:09 PM, RagingGrandpa said:

A simple foam cover would give you peace of mind then... pad the whole thing up while you're at it :)

ACtC-3eIC-3stIoZiBWjpvJeSkw44L6eZWjptwS2

No disrespect, but I would rather not ride than cover my wheel. I dont even like the ready-made offerings. I am sure it serves a utilitarian purpose though :)

• Like 1

On 6/20/2020 at 9:54 PM, Rapha Assunção said:

Hello people !

Hug, Thanks!

Hi.

If you have never ridden any EUC, from my point of view, the most versatile for first steps in EUC world is Gotway Tesla.

With 2.5 -16 inch tire, wheel is very well maneuverable and with 2000W motor is sufficiently powerful. Battery for 50-100km (depends on 18650 or 21700 version).

For seated riding is most suitable Gotway Monster, but I will not recommend it as a first wheel.

I actually have MSX with seat, but it is too low for me (182cm) for comfortable seated riding.

Good luck with your decision and purchase ! :efef62fc70:

10 minutes ago, ESBU said:

Hi.

If you have never ridden any EUC, from my point of view, the most versatile for first steps in EUC world is Gotway Tesla.

With 2.5 -16 inch tire, wheel is very well maneuverable and with 2000W motor is sufficiently powerful. Battery for 50-100km (depends on 18650 or 21700 version).

For seated riding is most suitable Gotway Monster, but I will not recommend it as a first wheel.

I actually have MSX with seat, but it is too low for me (182cm) for comfortable seated riding.

I bought a seat for my MSX too (185cm) but like you I just find it too low to be comfortable. Plus my ass doesnt fit right on it either, I seem to want to fall on either one of my seat bones, not in the middle. That, plus the fact that riding seated loses all compliance means its just too difficult and single purpose for my type of riding. I could of course try modding the seat but I hate hash up jobs. Shame really cos I think it would be nice to sit every now and then but I think the only option for me would be to get a Monster for the height and only use it on billiard table paths (precious few in the UK).

I agree with the Tesla option too, a very underrated wheel, and cheap for what it is too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

I bought a seat for my MSX too (185cm) but like you I just find it too low to be comfortable. Plus my ass doesnt fit right on it either, I seem to want to fall on either one of my seat bones, not in the middle. That, plus the fact that riding seated loses all compliance means its just too difficult and single purpose for my type of riding. I could of course try modding the seat but I hate hash up jobs. Shame really cos I think it would be nice to sit every now and then but I think the only option for me would be to get a Monster for the height and only use it on billiard table paths (precious few in the UK).

I agree with the Tesla option too, a very underrated wheel, and cheap for what it is too.

And a height-adjustable bicycle seat like the one made  by @Marty Backe?

16 hours ago, Esbu said:

Hi.

Unfortunately the still Tesla comes with a 2.125" tire believe, and fitting the 2.5" is some work still requiring shell mods.  Correct me if i'm wrong about the latest Tesla, as i really think a 2.5" tire is perfect for this model. 

5 minutes ago, FreeRide said:
16 hours ago, Esbu said:

Unfortunately the still Tesla comes with a 2.125" tire believe, and fitting the 2.5" is some work still requiring shell mods.  Correct me if i'm wrong about the latest Tesla, as i really think a 2.5" tire is perfect for this model. 

2.125 is correct. My mistake.

Gotway Tesla 1020Wh

Edited by Esbu

4 hours ago, alex5454 said:

how much you keep the pressure of the MS PRO (for a weight of 65 kg) on the road (no off road)

For 65kg weight 22 psi should be enough, you can experiment with 20 but be careful on bigger bumps / curbs. this all depends on Your riding style, experience, speeds etc.  I weight 80kg + around 10 kg for clothing, backpack, protection, etc. My comfortable usual pressure is 25psi

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lukasz said:

For 65kg weight 22 psi should be enough, you can experiment with 20 but be careful on bigger bumps / curbs. this all depends on Your riding style, experience, speeds etc.  I weight 80kg + around 10 kg for clothing, backpack, protection, etc. My comfortable usual pressure is 25psi

I am 68 and yah 23 psi is good 

4 hours ago, Lukasz said:

Wow, I keep reading about all these low pressures.. I’m at 38pi minimum on the pro. The wheel really moves perfectly, I’m confused why people want these low pressures.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mrd777 said:

Wow, I keep reading about all these low pressures.. I’m at 38pi minimum on the pro. The wheel really moves perfectly, I’m confused why people want these low pressures.

Because they don’t yet have the V11 of course! :lol:

Different strokes... Acceleration and carving on a higher pressure is very inviting, but if you ride calmly over bad roads and bumps, a lower pressure makes all the difference in the world. I have lowered my pressure little by little for almost as long as I’ve ridden the EUC. I’m now at 2.0 bars (30psi) on the MSX (H-666 tire) for my 103kg (~220lbs?) weight.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, EMA said:

psi is simple rider preference, be carefull when you go low or you'll lose your rim/motor :DB)

If you not doing jumps, stairs etc. you are good. I also prefer low pressure for w safety and comfort. With low pressure I can do same trial faster and feel safer. Consumption wh/km is a bit higher so for long distance travels I add few PSI and going slower.

• Like 1

Same here I prefer on the low side. High PSI has proven to be very dangerous for me.

I try to stick to my riding weight in KG divided by 3 = PSI.
I have lost some weight now though and it is summer meaning lower riding weight of about 64kg.
My wheels are at around 23 PSI and at high speed they tend to bounce if I hit a sequence of bumps... and that's just bad news.
It does keep me in check though and I am erring on the safe side regarding the rim... but what about me lol.
I don't want to bust my own rim.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mrd777 said:

I understand low psi going through the woods over roots etc, however the wheel to me is incredibly sluggish and lacks agility at low psi. My mcm5 is at 44psi, KS 16X is at 40psi, the Pro is at 38psi.  

I agree, I'm now at 45 on mine and liking it, mid 30's if I'm off road, I'm around 205-210 so maybe I need the extra psi.

• Like 1

I usually ride with 35PSI on MSX with 90Kg load.

I realized that tire is heating due to more friction (on road) if pressure is below 30PSI.

• Like 1