5 minutes ago, Preston Palmer said:

My MSP from eWheels arrived today as well.  I can assure you the trolly handle does not lock.  There is not even a mechanism for it to lock or unlock.... So its not faulty.

Hi Preston, I can assure you my trolly handle locks :) , Maybe we have a semantic misunderstanding, by “lock” I mean gets “stuck” in the fully extended position and it requires considerable force to unlock it ( or un-stuck it ...) to bring it down. There is some sort of “mechanism” that keeps it stuck in the fully extended position. Simply said , it behaves exactly as a conventional baggage trolly handle. If yours and his doesn’t, perhaps it’s not a bug, it may be a feature (lack of) of your wheel.

3 minutes ago, NunoF said:

Hi Preston, I can assure you my trolly handle locks :) , Maybe we have a semantic misunderstanding, by “lock” I mean gets “stuck” in the fully extended position and it requires considerable force to unlock it ( or un-stuck it ...) to bring it down. There is some sort of “mechanism” that keeps it stuck in the fully extended position. Simply said , it behaves exactly as a conventional baggage trolly handle. If yours and his doesn’t, perhaps it’s not a bug, it may be a feature (lack of) of your wheel.

Luggage handles typically have a button that unlocks and collapses the handle.  This is the same on KingSong wheels.  The MSP does not have this feature at all.  So what you are referring to by "locking" is not at all locking?  Its just friction.

2 minutes ago, Preston Palmer said:

Anyone experience a case rub with the MSP?  When riding one foot I can get the case to buzz on the tire.

Not on my MSP, but my Monster V3/100V that I’ve just received from eWheels had considerable tire/rim runout and a big lateral wobble bringing the tire very close to the case, I didn’t ride one foot, likely would buzz. In my case they sent me a brand new tire/rim package that runs perfect.

1 minute ago, NunoF said:

Not on my MSP, but my Monster V3/100V that I’ve just received from eWheels had considerable tire/rim runout and a big lateral wobble bringing the tire very close to the case, I didn’t ride one foot, likely would buzz. In my case they sent me a brand new tire/rim package that runs perfect.

Interesting.  Mine is a different problem than that for sure.

19 minutes ago, Preston Palmer said:

Luggage handles typically have a button that unlocks and collapses the handle.  This is the same on KingSong wheels.  The MSP does not have this feature at all.  So what you are referring to by "locking" is not at all locking?  Its just friction.

Right, there is no button like in the 16X. However, the static friction to get it unstuck from fully extended is considerably higher than the static friction from intermediate positions ( at rest, not while moving it obviously), which made me think there could be some sort of spring -supported sustainer rods mechanism to lock it in place without the use of a button. You must know luggage trolly handles that work like that. Anyway, what matters practically, is that some MSP trolley handle wheels ( like mine) behave exactly as expected, they get stuck in the fully extended position, causing no trouble guiding the wheel other than that caused by the bad location of where the trolly handle is mounted. 

Edited by NunoF
Typo

On 6/2/2020 at 10:30 AM, NunoF said:

I have just received one a couple of days ago, absolutely love it (my prior experience was with KS16X and Monster V3/100V). I haven't seen a good review of the HS version yet. I had originally ordered the 2500W but changed it to the 2000W/HS and I couldn't be happier. Your post is more than 2 weeks old so you probably received yours already.

I have just posted a mini-review and range test of my new MSP High-Speed 

Here’s the link:

7 hours ago, Preston Palmer said:

My MSP from eWheels arrived today as well.  I can assure you the trolly handle does not lock.  There is not even a mechanism for it to lock or unlock.... So its not faulty.

@Preston Palmer Here’s what I meant, those two black dots on each side of the handle must have rods inside that snap in place to lock the handle when fully extended.  I can hear two clicks in succession just before full extension. It’s not just friction. Is yours different in your MSP?

B1549E4C-C5F8-4209-A422-52690105D0D7.thumb.jpeg.6eb77c22a9edbf19aeb31ce4046ea71d.jpeg

All very odd!

The original MSP we had on test in the UK absolutely 3rd beeped at 32mph with a light rider at around 60% batt. And he was sitting down at the time.

Free spin on mine and my 2 buddies MSX 100v is 92kmh/57mph.

You said free spin on the 100v MSP high speed you saw was 98kmh.

Are you sure you haven't got a speed offset going on in EUCW?

I just dont see how you got 38mph riding an MSP high torque before hitting the 3rd beep. Maybe GW changed the firmware or as I have said already, you have an MSX/MSP high speed 100v setup (which IMO would be about bang on at 38mph/3rd beep/66% batt).

How about letting us know your motor code? Its on the hub, easy to see.

Hi All, 

Newb here and not very knowledgeable on electronics. Just got the MSP high torque and using EUC World to monitor wheel and not sure what alarms and their setting to use to protect me and the wheel. 

26 minutes ago, detrazgw said:

Hi All, 

Newb here and not very knowledgeable on electronics. Just got the MSP high torque and using EUC World to monitor wheel and not sure what alarms and their setting to use to protect me and the wheel. 

Usually people remove the first and second (fixed) alarms from the wheel itself. The speed limit / tilt-back should be set to what is the maximum speed you wish to ride.

The EUCW has it’s own app alerts that can be set based on different battery levels. These will only play from the phone (or a Bluetooth speaker if you use one). Note that you will likely not hear your phone at faster speeds.

GotWay wheels are equipped with a high low voltage limit, so in general even without any alarms it won’t let you run the battery empty enough to present a danger. Especially if you are a calm rider. Personally I have set the top speed on my MSX to 51km/h and I don’t use any additional alerts. I do ride easier with an depleting battery though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Planemo said:

All very odd!  The original MSP we had on test in the UK absolutely 3rd beeped at 32mph with a light rider at around 60% batt.

US mph vs imperial mph vs metric mph?? FMu2PYt.gif

9 hours ago, Planemo said:

All very odd!

The original MSP we had on test in the UK absolutely 3rd beeped at 32mph with a light rider at around 60% batt. And he was sitting down at the time.

Free spin on mine and my 2 buddies MSX 100v is 92kmh/57mph.

You said free spin on the 100v MSP high speed you saw was 98kmh.

Are you sure you haven't got a speed offset going on in EUCW?

I just dont see how you got 38mph riding an MSP high torque before hitting the 3rd beep. Maybe GW changed the firmware or as I have said already, you have an MSX/MSP high speed 100v setup (which IMO would be about bang on at 38mph/3rd beep/66% batt).

How about letting us know your motor code? Its on the hub, easy to see.

i have a production model, don't know if gw changed the firmware on that, motor code is c38 ;)

don't have any offset, speed is pretty accurate with gps too, you can easy see the red point here https://euc.world/tour/587461649482007
i'm around 70kg

hard to hear with the wind: https://www.dropbox.com/s/b7g77etswyozhog/msp.mp4?dl=0

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, buell47 said:

13km/h average? :shock2:

Don't you think an Inmotion V5 would have been enough? ;) :whistling:

to be honest average was 15 :D

it was a trail group ride in the wood, nothing related to speed :thumbup:
something like this: 

• Like 2

Had my first commute in light rain, no issues, but I have euc bodyguard and I covered the handle area and button. I'm scared that my baby will die.

Monster pedals did arrive so, I'll take a peak inside while installing the pedals in the weekend.

• Like 2

Does the MSP not do well in the wet? I live in Portland Oregon which gets a lot of rain each winter and spring. I got my 16X so wet last winter the on off switch stopped working and I had to replace the PCB with integrated switch. Would I have similar issues with the MSP? 

-Justin