2 hours ago, Aleksandr Dolgov said:

all gotways are like this.

my ks18l is silent with the latest firmware.

but mcm5 and msp always make coil noises with that  distinctive 'coggy' feel of the motor and grinding sound at low speed under load like here

https://youtu.be/xYzMbVKiRC8

Got it, I appreciate it, I was just used to the silence of the 16x, just got back from riding and I honestly like the sound it makes now, I also like when you clamp down on it and force it forward, it scoots like a bandit!!  The more I ride the MSP, the more I like it:)  Jumped up to 40 psi, waaay better...

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, RagingGrandpa said:

What's your favorite way to cut tires?

I did a similar mod on my H-666, and after trying a few different methods I found a sharp carpenter’s knife and regular pointy pliers for grabbing and lifting the tread to be the most effective.

Edited by mrelwood
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

I did a similar mod on my H-666, and after trying a few different methods I found a sharp carpenter’s knife and regular pointy pliers for grabbing and lifting the tread to be the most effective.

A friend of mine developed this, didn't realize they were so expensive now though, I guess you could space out the lugs or grooves however you want them with it.

https://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/parts/knobby-knife-rubber-knife-p

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, RagingGrandpa said:

What's your favorite way to cut tires?

Thx

not favorite, but it is the cheapest and widely available, and grooves come out rounded -
30494949_m.png

just break a blade into 2 parts (the red lines) and carefully fold a half into 'V' (dont overdo, otherwise it will snap). you can vary a groove's width depending on how much you squeezed a half

Edited by Aleksandr Dolgov
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 5:30 AM, yourtoys7 said:

Looking into getting MSP HS model from eWheels, has anyone received any? Reviews?

I have just received one a couple of days ago, absolutely love it (my prior experience was with KS16X and Monster V3/100V). I haven't seen a good review of the HS version yet. I had originally ordered the 2500W but changed it to the 2000W/HS and I couldn't be happier. Your post is more than 2 weeks old so you probably received yours already.

• Like 1

Just got my MSP, and looove the smooth power. No more V10 overload pauses when pushing my fat ass up to mountains. And the battery life difference from 640wh to 1800wh. :clap3:

I do get crazy wobbles when riding to bumps on street, so need more practise on that. I ordered monster pedals with it, but got only one, so extra wait until I get the second one from the aliexpress seller. Bigger pedals propably help with the wobbles and getting just more miles in and finding the best riding posture. 

• Like 1

I received my MSP (high torque) from eWheels yesterday afternoon and love it (except for the lower leg pain - thank goodness for CBD lotion). It was 100% charged, calibrated and ready to rip. I painted the rim black to match the rest of the unit and will be adding some comfort foam later this afternoon.

Also, having all kinds of embarrassing fun with the trolley handle, lol. It would be somewhat usable if the darn thing locked when fully extended. 

msp1.1.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

Also, having all kinds of embarrassing fun with the trolley handle, lol. It would be somewhat usable if the darn thing locked when fully extended. 

:confused1:    It doesn't lock?  To MSX owners, is it like this with your wheels as well? I thought the handles locked when fully extended. Geez, even my MSV3S+ handle locks...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I received my MSP (high torque) from eWheels yesterday afternoon and love it (except for the lower leg pain - thank goodness for CBD lotion). It was 100% charged, calibrated and ready to rip. I painted the rim black to match the rest of the unit and will be adding some comfort foam later this afternoon.

msp1.1.jpeg

As one painter to another, please tell me your technique for painting the rim/spokes. Brushed? Sprayed? Masked? Etc :D

5 minutes ago, Arbolest said:

:confused1:    It doesn't lock?  To MSX owners, is it like this with your wheels as well? I thought the handles locked when fully extended. Geez, even my MSV3S+ handle locks...

My MSX and MSP handles lock.

But I assume he means lock like the KingSong trolleys - you have to push a button to unlock the handle.

On both of my wheels the trolley certainly locks to a sufficient degree.

• Like 2

I must have a faulty handle as it in no way locks when fully extended. This has caused some comedic mayhem as I tried to re-extend the trolley handle with one hand at the local market and it goes shooting forward because of the forward pressure. 

Paint was a $5 can of Krylon "High Heat" spray paint. Nothing special, but happy with how it turned out. Recognition to Marty Backe for his "how to video" on painting the MSX!

1 minute ago, gon2fast said:

I must have a faulty handle as it in no way locks when fully extended. This has caused some comedic mayhem as I tried to re-extend the trolley handle with one hand at the local market and it goes shooting forward because of the forward pressure. 

Paint was a $5 can of Krylon "High Heat" spray paint. Nothing special, but happy with how it turned out. Recognition to Marty Backe for his "how to video" on painting the MSX!

he means by locking that they click into place... however its just a dirt cheap made in china pole the quality wont be identical for every single one so some are much looser and some are extremely tight.. but they all just need to be pushed down and dont have a button or anything stopping them from going down so a loose or well used handle can easily be pushed down while walking it

It is not a show stopper by any means, just need to get used to how it behaves. It is actually very manageable if I am not wearing wrist guards, but i am trying to stay fully geared up while I am out and about. 

• Like 1

How are you guys liking the flat'ish Nikola pedals?  I had to lower one of mine at arrival to the same height as the other, they remind me of my 16x pedals which is a good thing, but as another member here pointed out, pedals at a higher angle give you a more "locked in" feeling, wonder if there is a something I could try, I think it would help me clamp down on it when it comes to climbing.

The pedal angle is good, far more aggressive than the completely flat pedals on my V10 and G3. They seem to have the same angle on each side, though the all of metal filings were still present when i unboxed it. i did buy a roll of foam to address the pressure on my inner legs, but otherwise the pedals/angle feel great. 

Iwill say that i miss the rounded InMotion pedals when out riding near high grass. I have had the Nikola pedals sharp edges get caught up in high grass and shift the wheel while in motion. With more time I will get used to it... or find a way to mount G3/V8 pedals on the MSP (i prefer smaller pedals).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

Yep, sounds like a faulty handle. My new MSP handle locks fully extended

On 6/2/2020 at 3:34 PM, gon2fast said:

msp1.1.jpeg

Could you test the lift, free spin test, at what speed does it cuts out?thanks.....

• Like 1

On 6/2/2020 at 6:50 PM, NunoF said:

Yep, sounds like a faulty handle. My new MSP handle locks fully extended

My MSP from eWheels arrived today as well.  I can assure you the trolly handle does not lock.  There is not even a mechanism for it to lock or unlock.... So its not faulty.

Edited by Preston Palmer
  • Like 1