Inmotion V8F Review & First Impressions

genesisx2

Very nice review! All the important facts and differences laid out properly, and comparison based on actual experience. Also, a HUGE plus for not drowning your speech with the music, which unfortunately many seem to do.

• Like 2

Daamn, that app is so good, haha. I wish we could all experience the joy of good apps XD.

That wheel looks comfortable. Hopefully they worked out some of the kinks the old version had. Im wayyy too heavy for this wheel. I'd overlean it with my toes. But its a gorgeous wheel. And its so light. Great review, mate. 

• Like 1

Thanks!  Regarding music - I learned that lesson a while ago, and keep it between 5 and 10% volume :)

v8f is definitely a fun wheel.  If only it wasn’t snowing in Seattle now, can’t wait to go ride around some more.  I was thinking of doing a full range test,  and maybe riding up some mountain to see if it ever overheats or overpowers during a long climb. Also curious to check if it max speed throttles at various battery percentages.  Any other things you guys think I should check?

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, alcatraz said:

I'd like to know what the V8F's maximum speed is when doing the pickup test.

On my tesla it's 67km/h.

On my V8 it's 44km/h.

Because they raised the maximum speed with 5km/h over the V8 I'm going to make a wild guess at 49-50km/h.

Here you go!  I did a quick screen capture of both old V8 and new V8F.  V8F seems to keep going & spin up quite a bit more after giving a sound and tiltback warning. You can kind of hear by the sound in the video. 

Edited by genesisx2
  • Like 3

• 5 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Eliran said:

Great vid buddy! Just bought one here in Brazil and your video made my mind on the decision.

All the best! ;-)

I hope you get it soon. I ordered mine a month ago and still waiting.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:33 AM, manu said:

I hope you get it soon. I ordered mine a month ago and still waiting.

Hey, Manu. You think that the Corona virus will delay the shippments?

5 hours ago, Eliran said:

Hey, Manu. You think that the Corona virus will delay the shippments?

I can't think of any other reason. I also ordered a phone from Motorola beginning of January and still waiting. I've bought a v5 second hand which hopefully arrives today so I have something to learn on.

• 10 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 1/17/2020 at 9:37 AM, genesisx2 said:

Thanks!  Regarding music - I learned that lesson a while ago, and keep it between 5 and 10% volume :)

v8f is definitely a fun wheel.  If only it wasn’t snowing in Seattle now, can’t wait to go ride around some more.  I was thinking of doing a full range test,  and maybe riding up some mountain to see if it ever overheats or overpowers during a long climb. Also curious to check if it max speed throttles at various battery percentages.  Any other things you guys think I should check?

Hey mate, did you end up doing the extended hill test? It’s all well and good the manufacturer stating 30* incline capable but never for “how long”. I’m trying to work out if this’ll be fine for someone about 55-60kg for sustained up/downhills over 8km one way

thanks 👍

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What do you think about the V8S?

Is it worth getting this over the V8F for the range for USD $350 more. The battery is around 750 WH.

Someone above had the V8F and the Tesla - do you think Tesla is harder for learning for adults or kids due to its bigger weight?

• 1 year later...