21 minutes ago, Gasmantle said:

My guess is a beginners section will get more people active in the forum.

It will get someone a starting point I guess. I mean from passive readers to engaging and posting. And to sparks people's interest searching or directed here. And for members to engage in building up something for others. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Unventor said:

It will get someone a starting point I guess. I mean from passive readers to engaging and posting. And to sparks people's interest searching or directed here. And for members to engage in building up something for others. 

Hi @Unventor I think this is a great forum but just lately it seems to be largely the same 20 or so regular experts talking amongst themselves and beginners can feel a bit overlooked.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tenofnine said:

1. Ride 1 legged with my off foot sliding behind my left pedal perpendicular to my forward motion and then I put my weight on that off foot on the ground as I stop to do a quick 180. 2. Ride 1 legged and flip up my left pedal while riding and as i come to a stop I pull out the trolley handle and quickly dismount and flip the right pedal up in one continuous motion.

1 is also a good option to save face when you dismount in a hurry, going a bit faster than you thought you were; it looks like it was intentional ;)

2 I hadn't thought of flipping up the pedal while dismounting: efficient and cool-looking! Although I bit tricky with the stiff pedals on the 18XL, I might practice that in privacy before I make a fool out of myself in public. Knowing myself, I'm also perfectly capable of forgetting I've folded it up and accidentally side-planting when trying to mount :efee612b4b:

• Like 1

On 1/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, Gasmantle said:

Hi @Unventor I think this is a great forum but just lately it seems to be largely the same 20 or so regular experts talking amongst themselves and beginners can feel a bit overlooked.

That can happen, yeah :efee612b4b:

But off-topic discussions and side-tracking are an inherent (and inevitable) part of the experience. Sometimes it'll be "experts" and tech-talk, some-times it'll be riders who live near each other discussing cool routes (in a thread about technical issues), sometimes it'll be about the best foot-wear for riding (in a thread about firmware)...

Don't let it put you off...it's a matter of going with the flow and being selective with what you read and what posts you follow. And when the new learner section is implemented, I think the compartmentalization will make things less daunting in that regard (although expect side-tracking...especially from me) :efefa6edcf:

Edited by travsformation
  • Like 1

On 1/16/2020 at 1:53 PM, Unventor said:

I can say a beginners section appeals to me. That is something I like a lot. I might not be the best at teaching people, but I like to help people if I can. What do you think @MR BRAD and @PogArt Artur? I recall you as people I tried to give advise some time back. 😊 

I like the idea of a learning section and breaking it down (I tried to add tags to my original post to give it a box in which to be defined). Of course once @travsformation derailed it then all bets are off (I hope that sarcasm comes off, I always value your input!). Whatever the mods can do to help streamline the topics is great. And I very much enjoy the advice in the forum as a whole, even if it’s challenging to access. Thanks @Unventor!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MR BRAD said:

Of course once @travsformation derailed it then all bets are off (I hope that sarcasm comes off, I always value your input!)

:roflmao:

Sarcasm, derailing...I'm just as fond of one as of the other.....  ;)

Any progress with one-legged riding?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just looked through @Hirsute video,s.The youtube translater is rubbish,.These would be a"'must watch" if we had better/proper translation.Unfortunately the message /teachings get lost in translation.U have to hit closed caption,auto-translate,select language,interpret what he,s trying to say and when u hit pause to watch ,upcoming videos hide the closed captions. If i could" speak french" i would definitely translate these for everyone .

Seriously good skills on display though!

13 hours ago, Daley1 said:

If i could" speak french" i would definitely translate these for everyone .

Sorry, these tutorials are only in french because they were ordered by inmotion france for french customers... If someone is able to give me a good translation maybe i can imagine to do some of these tutorials with real subtitles, but i think it is a big job...

• Like 3

I too agree that @Hirsute videos are really great, and yes I don't understand French att all 😒. But I still had fun and some learning point from those I have seen.

Some body language needs not translation. 😁

Please keep up the good work @Hirsute🙏👌👍

• Like 3

On 1/17/2020 at 3:58 PM, Gasmantle said:

Thank you for your feedback. I admit I am often offering advice and as one of the first too. 

I have the "benafit" as moderator since new members have to low reputation score to be auto approved and visible. So if I approve a post I try to give advice too. 

Next thing is that I find it very rewarding if I can help other people to join an interest that have been such life altering for me to the positive side effect since I started riding. 

In my view any can give advice and tips as we all started from zero. But the import part the advice has the offset from the new to be rider. Debating if 100v is a must or you must spend +2k$ as you have to be able to go 30mph, do poke me to post to.....

I do like that you give feedback. And if you have more specific for me directly feel free to pm me anytime. 

• Like 1

Since this is a thread about skills, I just stumbled over this post from @Hirsute.

This is one of the simplest videos I ever seen. I just hope I get to master this at some point (maybe this spring/summer). 

Reverse riding. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, atdlzpae said:

Sorry to be a party pooper, but all of those tricks are arranged and impossible. It's a sham financed by hospital industry to increase their profits.
Here is how all of those trick videos are made:

:roflmao:

I will check if i can do that, and we can try with one tutorial first to see how it works. But if it's good we will have to choose some tutorials, the most usefull, bescause it will be difficult to do it for the 24 tutorials....

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Hirsute said:

I will check if i can do that, and we can try with one tutorial first to see how it works. But if it's good we will have to choose some tutorials, the most usefull, bescause it will be difficult to do it for the 24 tutorials....

I have to admit I don't know how much work it is from a technical point of view. Translating them is probably the easy part. Having them show up at the right moment is another. As for choosing the order, I guess we could start by the ones aimed at beginners. Or simply the ones with the most views?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hirsute said:

Great to hear from you! :)That would be awesome!

Please don’t be a stranger. There are a lot of members that miss your presence. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...