40.76 mph on 16x? Mystery solved:)

RetroThruster

Of course it's coming from the Kingsong app but what concerns me is that I'm not getting any beeps or tilt back, ever as a matter of fact for any reason, I'm okay with it not being accurate but I'm slightly concerned that even if it's off 20%, I'd be going over 31 mph with no warnings, I feel like if I had kept leaning into it, it would have gone faster.  Maybe it's still under the 31mph threshold so should I keep leaning into it to see how fast it'll go, at the indicated 40.76 mph, I was getting a little nervous?

FW 1.07

1st and 2nd level alarm set to 0

3rd at 48 kmh  4th at 50

Edited by RetroThruster

Yeah, I need to do that with a GPS just for curiosity.  Tire pressure is correct (35 lbs), I understand why this matters.  My concern like stated above, regardless of how accurate Kingsong is, should I be getting tilt back or beeps at that indicated speed?

Edited by RetroThruster

You can carefully lift the wheel and let it spin up to alarm and tilt. You will feel the tilt. You can also watch the speed on your phone to check cut out speed. Just be careful. 

As mrelwood  implied, it seems like you are going 40 km/h not  mph. 

19 hours ago, RockyTop said:

You can carefully lift the wheel and let it spin up to alarm and tilt. You will feel the tilt. You can also watch the speed on your phone to check cut out speed. Just be careful. 

As mrelwood  implied, it seems like you are going 40 km/h not  mph. 

Okay, maybe I can pick it up without the handle and tilt it, it has that cutoff on the handle, it'll be awkward for sure, better find a safe place.  Tough to say how fast I'm actually going, at that indicated 40 mph, I was concerned about my life because it was WAY faster than I could run, but I am still pretty new so it might very well be a discrepancy between the two measurements.  I might put it back on Kmh to see what happens, I just thought that it would alert me in some form at an indicated 40+ mph speed.  I appreciate it!

11 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Okay, maybe I can pick it up without the handle and tilt it, it has that cutoff on the handle, it'll be awkward for sure, better find a safe place.  Tough to say how fast I'm actually going, at that indicated 40 mph, I was concerned about my life because it was WAY faster than I could run, but I am still pretty new so it might very well be a discrepancy between the two measurements.  I might put it back on Kmh to see what happens, I just thought that it would alert me in some form at an indicated 40+ mph speed.  I appreciate it!

You can turn the lift switch off in the KS app. By lifting the wheel it will spin up to speed. first it will start beeping. then it will tilt, then after a few seconds it will turn off. if you get better at this you can control the speed as you tilt the wheel forward and back.

The wheel should cut out around 34-37 mph

Edited by RockyTop

Okay, what should my max achievable speed be?  I just tried it and it showed my max speed of 60.7 mph.  

Okay, I've tried it again, it's tricky as y'all know, it sounds like I get the "decelerate" alert at around 40 but it's hard to tell, it'll take some practice on my part to get a more accurate reading, I'm afraid I'm gonna tear my house down:/

Edited by RetroThruster

18 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Tough to say how fast I'm actually going, at that indicated 40 mph, 

40 mph is not really possible. Maybe the wheel spun up at an incident at ground and this speed eas recorded as maximum? Or as stated before it just shows mph but the values are kph?

If you log with EUC world you also have GPS speed shown...

18 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Iwas concerned about my life because it was WAY faster than I could run, but I am still pretty new so it might very well be a discrepancy between the two measurements

You can also try to set alarms and tiltback to same lower speed - so you can accustomed with the behaviour at safer speeds!

Okay, got it, so when it's saying "mph", it's really ", "kmh", I may as well switch it back to km's   my question is then, if it's cutting out at what is roughly 40 mph, does that mean its' cutting out at 40k's?

Edited by RetroThruster

4 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

No. what you see does not matter. The top cut out speed is the same.

Okay, I just switched back to km's and it topped out at the same 60.82 but this time in KM's, thanks for your help!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

Okay, I just switched back to km's and it topped out at the same 60.82 but this time in KM's, thanks for your help!

Glad to help. It is always good to get to know your wheel better.  I don't know why the speed information is messed up but I am not surprised. 

• Like 1