Seba

2.0 firmware for KS-18L/XL is available

take android KS application 3.1.8 and it will just work....

MD5: 385ec315bf8fdce100044c74addb9d32
SHA1: 7d10cf4e12c64a2b48bcf03a24d6dca41585632c

17 hours ago, Flyboy10 said:

Did you purchase the wheel like this or convert it? Were you throttled in v1.00? For me it's not a pain to downgrade but I really like the silence and new light settings. I don't go on long enough rides to have the thottling affect me to much. That and I'm used to the small battery on my 100v MSX

I just bought the 2200w KS18XL 2 weeks ago. It came with firmware 1.0 and it worked beautifully and I never experienced throttling before the update.

I charged to 100% and went for a ride today. I can confirm that since the update to 2.0 the warning beeps do not work anymore for some reason. I tried setting the warnings multiple times with different values without luck. This greatly affects my riding confidence because now I could get the random tilt-backs without a warning at any time especially bellow 50% battery.

Where did you get the tuning software? I guess I'll write to ewheels.com to see if they could assist.

On 1/17/2020 at 7:16 AM, seage said:

This made me burst out laughing. Its 7am and i woke the house. Thanks for that, LOL. 

Mine doesnt even listen long enough to get a look of disgust. Any mention of a wheel or any other toy, and I get a blank stare. Ive told her many many times, that a marraige should include an attempt at pretending to give a shit. :) 20 yrs+ so far, fighting a lost battle on that one...

Edited by ShanesPlanet

My wife likes the wheel now.  When I go to her work place she asks me if I rode the wheel.  She  tells any patrons who haven’t seen it and they will come out and watch when I leave.  She didn’t like it before I bought the first one.

14 hours ago, ShanesPlanet said:

Mine doesnt even listen long enough to get a look of disgust. Any mention of a wheel or any other toy, and I get a blank stare. Ive told her many many times, that a marraige should include an attempt at pretending to give a shit. :) 20 yrs+ so far, fighting a lost battle on that one...

I'm actually glad they don't share our fixated interests; in a way I think it broadens our perspective of things. I jump into the rabbit hole every time I find something new and interesting, and my girlfriends dead-empty eyes makes me realize that this might not be the most important thing in the world:)

44 minutes ago, Joker10 said:

My wife likes the wheel now.  When I go to her work place she asks me if I rode the wheel.  She  tells any patrons who haven’t seen it and they will come out and watch when I leave.  She didn’t like it before I bought the first one.

My girlfriend likes EUC’s, she even likes to ride on long trips with me, but she has absolutely no interests in how it works or why tire pressure, fw updates, shoes or battery technology are very important things:)  

32 minutes ago, UniVehje said:

I found the limit on 18XL (2000W 2.0) acceleration. :unsure:

Battery: 38 % at rest, probably very low during my extreme acceleration

Volts: 71 at rest

45 km (28 miles) and 3 hours of riding before the incident

Temperature: +1C (33F)

Speed: 42,5 km/h (26,5 mph)

I was on the last straight before gettin home. Ground uneven sand path that was frozen. Very good grip. I was riding very hard for all day and enjoying strong accelerations. I wanted to have one more go as the path was straight and empty. I pushed really hard but nothing that I hadn’t done before. I started at maybe 20 km/h and got up to 42 km/h in a matter of meters. I was doing a superman acceleration and hit a couple of bigger bumps. I felt I’ve gone too far as the wheel didn’t follow as quickly. I was already in an extreme Michael Jackson position when I felt a little pedal dip and went down. I’m ok, nothing really hurts. My wheel is ok too, just scratches. 

I think the Very cold batteries at this point dipped too low to support that kind of leaning. Remember to keep it chill below 50 %. This new responsive feel is too addictive. B)

Glad you're OK! 

3 hours ago, UniVehje said:

This new responsive feel is too addictive. B)

I’m starting to feel sorry that I urged you to use the new hard mode... :whistling:  ;)

Glad you’re ok!

Hmm, I did a 1 hour and 45 minute ride yesterday and didn’t realize it but my feet were much more comfortable when done.  Good point Goldenone.

glad you are ok univehje