TLD Stage or Fox Proframe

Hi,

After thinking about buying a helmet, specially MET Parachute, I have read about other helmets (best in performance) like TLD Stage and Fox Proframe. I'm a bit confused with the choice. What are your experiences with both? I know that first is lighter than second, but what do you think about other parameters? Any trusted store to buy one of them?

Thanks!

Hi I ride in a tropical climate and find the Proframe very good for ventilation and super light 

59cm on proframe would be a Large 

Proframe helmets come with 2 sets of different size internal interchangable pads to better fit various heads 

On 1/4/2020 at 3:42 PM, Pabgarja said:

Thanks. And what about the size? I’ve 59cm head and hesitate if pick M/L or XL/XXL.

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but I just managed to break one of my fingers rather badly. As soon as I get a chance, I'll go look that up.

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎5‎/‎2020 at 3:42 AM, Pabgarja said:

Thanks. And what about the size? I’ve 59cm head and hesitate if pick M/L or XL/XXL.

Hi, I have the TLD stage M/L and my head size is 57cm. Only the thinnest/smallest padding is comfortable with me. I advice you to get XL/XXL

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Alexutlang said:

Hi, I have the TLD stage M/L and my head size is 57cm. Only the thinnest/smallest padding is comfortable with me. I advice you to get XL/XXL

Thanks!!! I bought M/L and it’s fine. I have long shape head so I imagine that this is the reason of my size.

• 1 month later...

I just got a TLD Stage today. Measured my head at 57 cm. Had to go to the thinnest pads. The cheek pads were very hard to remove.  With the cheek pads my ears nearly get ripped off getting the helmet on. On/off is fine without those pads. On my motorsports helmet the tops of straps have wide, thin covers that let the helmet slide over the ears. The Stage helmets pads grab at them such that it hurts to put on the helmet. A similar set of wide coverings over the top section of straps would make getting the helmet on much easier. So I am torn between using the helmet without the cheek pads, modifying them to ease on/off, or exchanging for the next size up. Also the cheek pads pressed uncomfortably on my ears. Would the pads in the next size up be further forward and off the ears?

The hazards of having to buy mail order when the shops are closed (and probably didn't have helmets to try anyways).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EkW said:

The hazards of having to buy mail order when the shops are closed (and probably didn't have helmets to try anyways).

That's a bummer, I really like how comfortable my Stage is. I'd use it over my TSG Pass 99% of the time if I could figure out how to reduce the wind noise. I've actually got the TLD Stage XL and am in Tucson if you want try it and see if it fixes your sizing issues.

4 hours ago, EkW said:

I just got a TLD Stage today. Measured my head at 57 cm. Had to go to the thinnest pads. The cheek pads were very hard to remove.  With the cheek pads my ears nearly get ripped off getting the helmet on. On/off is fine without those pads. On my motorsports helmet the tops of straps have wide, thin covers that let the helmet slide over the ears. The Stage helmets pads grab at them such that it hurts to put on the helmet. A similar set of wide coverings over the top section of straps would make getting the helmet on much easier. So I am torn between using the helmet without the cheek pads, modifying them to ease on/off, or exchanging for the next size up. Also the cheek pads pressed uncomfortably on my ears. Would the pads in the next size up be further forward and off the ears?

I had the same issue with the helmet.  For me, putting on the smaller cheek pads helped a lot, as well as making sure you put it on while holding the straps... if you get the straps lined up right with the cheek pads, it pushes them back and makes it easier to get it on. BTW, I measure at 57.5 so about the same as you.

Let me know if you try the bigger size and if it works for you.

Just ordered the next size up. Whichever fits better stays and the other goes back. Return fee is only $7 so no big deal. 
pulling outward on the straps helps, just not enough. Hoping that the larger helmet will also be just enough wider to make getting it on easier. Otherwise, if putting on the safety gear is too much hassle it might not get worn on the day that I faceplant.

• Like 1

I measure 60 cm and found the thin pads on the XL were just right. You should be set, plenty of overhead to dial it in.

13 hours ago, Stillhart said:

if you get the straps lined up right with the cheek pads, it pushes them back and makes it easier to get it on. BTW, I measure at 57.5 so about the same as you.

Didn’t register to me until you mentioned it, but that’s the maneuver I’ve been doing to get them on. It definitely helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the larger helmet. It fits fine, cheekpads don't smash my ears and it is easier to put on and remove. Helmet sizing is often a function of head shape as well as circumference. If only it had a knob to adjust the fit the way many regular bicycle helmets do it would be even better.