New KingSong Wheel for 2020

Marty Backe

After 2100 miles of nearly daily use on my 16X I still hit the "please decelerate" message every time I ride. I'd like to see an offering in a similar form factor that can safely do 30mph and peak ~40 like its competition the Nikola. The ability to turn off all of the voice messages would be great as well. I randomly get an overpower messages from time to time even below my 60amp Wheellog alarm. Not sure how Kingsong determines when it triggers that one. My only other bone to pick is better waterproofing as having the wheel turn off on me in a rain storm would suck. I still ride mine daily in the rain here in Portland Oregon but I always have a bit of concern that it will randomly shut off. I guess all these cutoff/shutoff concerns make the 16X that much more thrilling :cheers:

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, BleepBloopBlop said:

The ability to turn off all of the voice messages would be great

If you change setting in KS app you can set to beeps instead of voice messages. 

i hope they will start thinking of modular batteries and make the new wheels UL2272 compliant. the potential of modular batteries packs is enormous lead over any other competitions. It should be similar to 9bot mini pro where the battery is changeable with ease by any layman. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/31/2019 at 6:20 AM, buell47 said:

KS16XS :efee612b4b:

The most important question is, will it be faster than 50 km/h and be an upgrade to 16X?

Of course with at least 16x3.0 tires.

Hi,
I received mine KS 16XS yesterday... today first round. very nice!

• Like 2