Looking for an EUC suitable for deliveries

tinkle pit

ie. Uber Eats - that sort of thing. So really just looking at the longer-range EUCs here if I'm going to get ~60 miles for a shift. Had a hard look at my options and decided that while the Monster would be ideal for range purposes, the lack of a handle would make it a pain when doing deliveries (ie. wouldn't manage stairs well, challenging to take it in with me off the street). Would anyone who's had experience with the Kingsong 18XL and/or the Gotway Monster (or similar rides), or has experience using a wheel as a workhorse be able to weigh in? Could the 16X work? That was my first choice as an all-purpose EUC but I've since heard it struggles to reach longer ranges, especially on hills and with heavier riders.
I live in Wellington, New Zealand which gets very hilly. I'm 210+ lbs.
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, Aneta said:

How did you recharge scooters using a wheel?

It's either a wheel or a pickup truck with a flatbed. Maybe an eBike with soft panniers would work well.

Bird scooters are locked to 5 mph when you capture them. Since you cannot ride them on the sidewalk (legally) and 5 mph is too slow for any street, and the places you release them are too far away at walking speed, I can only conclude Bird wants you to use pickup trucks. However, I would use a wheel to quickly get to a scooter, and push the scooter at much higher speeds, usually above 18 mph. Two scooters is easier, because the torque of braking and acceleration doesn't spin or make you veer.

It must have looked demented to be a bicyclist and see me with a scooter in each hand coming up from behind. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fryman said:

A car would be best for delivery.

Or wait until this new Ninebot Z 1000 model arrives. ;)

49273991917_64ce29ab9b_b.jpg

Edited by Rehab1
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, LanghamP said:

It's either a wheel or a pickup truck with a flatbed. Maybe an eBike with soft panniers would work well.

Bird scooters are locked to 5 mph when you capture them. Since you cannot ride them on the sidewalk (legally) and 5 mph is too slow for any street, and the places you release them are too far away at walking speed, I can only conclude Bird wants you to use pickup trucks. However, I would use a wheel to quickly get to a scooter, and push the scooter at much higher speeds, usually above 18 mph. Two scooters is easier, because the torque of braking and acceleration doesn't spin or make you veer.

It must have looked demented to be a bicyclist and see me with a scooter in each hand coming up from behind. 

This is absolutely glorious to imagine

2 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

With that said, the most popular delivery wheels here appear to be the MSX 100V (with custom battery + extended range), Nikola 100V and Kingsong 18XL. 

Whether the job is worth it is another (good!) question.

But it appears what counts for such a wheel is a big/wide comfortable and safe tire. No surprise there. Same for daily commuting over longer distances.

Lool guys,at least i found another coleagues who do deliveries...i do it for 1 year..First time with Uber Eats and i change for Glovo..about 7000 deliveries with many vehicle types...motorcycle honda shadow..1 car for winter..1 custom bicycle..1 custom e motorcycle...but mostly with Inmotion V8 

I do 100 km easy...because i have spare batterys and i need only 2 min to swap them.

Easy to carry..easy to go with metro,tram,bus..easy to go up stairs etc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Lefteris said:

Two minutes to swap on what wheel? 

Inmotion V8 ...i have 2 wheels and 2 spare battery...with 1 wheel and 2 spare battery i can ride all day and more than 100 km..

I start at 09.00 and i take 1 spare battery with me...when wheel battery is empty i swap with full one..when i have time i go home and i put to charge empty battery and i take another 1 full with me...so i can ride easy 100 km..and later in evening i have 1st battery full again...

Edited by lucian75
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Celt26 said:

I've actually done deliveries with both the MSX 84V 1600Wh and 18XL on Uber Eats and Caviar. Both are great and honestly screw e bikes. I actually tried an ebike for a bit and it was super annoying to have to think about locking it up and leaving it and yeah they're large, annoying and prone to being stolen.  Having a wheel is so handy I love that I could just roll in and roll out (pun intended) of restaurants. I'd completely recommend the 18XL which is what I currently have. The comfort and performance are so on point, it's the perfect wheel for deliveries. It's also a bit more responsive feeling then the MSX because the pedals are farther from the axle. The head light is also great and the trolley handle is good although the MSX trolley is totally fine also IMO. On the 18XL Range is great and now with the upgraded motor (2200W) it's quieter and the firmware and new tire makes it more cushy then before and with a bit better/different performance. Either one you go for you'd be happy I'm sure. Just keep in mind if you ride for hours you will start to feel those angled MSX pedals. Even tho the locked in feeling is awesome and something I miss not having on my 18 XL, over a period of hours the MSX looses in comfort without a doubt. Also riding at night I can't state enough how awesome the 18XL headlight is, you can use it as a stand alone and yeah it's fricken bright. 

Side note I really don't recommend the Monster for delivery purposes. impractical, large, weight is top heavy and just not something i personally would want to navigate around the city with on a regular basis. An 18" wheel is definitely where you want to be at, forget anything larger, also I wouldn't recommend any of the 16" wheels i.e. 16X or Nikola at your weight.

Agreed! Monster is a real pain in the ass without the trolley. 

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Don't you feel limited by the wheel's vmax?

Yes,that's the reason i was saying that i will not ride V8 anymore...but i get 2 more V8 instead :)))

6 hours ago, ir_fuel said:

Just wondering: the battery pack is 480Wh. Wouldn't you be better off just getting a KS16X 1554Wh and riding it all day? If you limit your speed to the speed of the V8 you should get 150km of range I think.

I don't know,to be honest i wanted V8 for delivery,it was easyest choice for me because i already haved 2 spare V8...

and i wanted one big and strong EUC for personal long trips...maybe i will decide before summer.

• Like 1

If it's a matter of swapping batteries bast, then maybe the V8 is the wheel for @lucian75, but then again, having 2 wheels that can handle more than 100km's it's better.. don't know needs testing and you are the one that works with wheels as a delivery guy, maybe get some help from guys that own more than one wheel and do some tests, for like half or full working day?!