90 mile Group Ride in Cold Temp & It's Effect on Our EUC's Range.

Cutiyo

generally speaking down to 45 degrees F the voltage sag and range loss are minimal. 

Once you drop below freezing the voltage sag will get you more so than your range. Due to the increased sag, you will beep earlier and go slower due to the increased air density. Where I would happily go over 35 mph when it’s warm, the wheels complain around 32-33 mph. (Gotway 100V wheels) 

27 minutes ago, Ben Kim said:

generally speaking down to 45 degrees F the voltage sag and range loss are minimal. 

Once you drop below freezing the voltage sag will get you more so than your range. Due to the increased sag, you will beep earlier and go slower due to the increased air density. Where I would happily go over 35 mph when it’s warm, the wheels complain around 32-33 mph. (Gotway 100V wheels) 

You have got to be kidding that air temps of 7 deg c are the same re battery performance as 25+ deg c temps.

You have also got to be kidding that air density plays any part whatsoever in the speeds that eucs work at.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joker10 said:

My feet hurt just reading 90 miles in 10 hours.  

oh seated monster is perfect for this sort of ride, although in the cold I actually prefer to move around a bit for warmth!

• Like 3

@Hsiang., I've never ridden a Monster, but talk is they're the luxury wheel of all EUCs and quite the comfort for long rides. Although I opt to squat than sit, I quickly came to the conclusion during this particular ride that there is something to be said about using a seat instead, especially when you blindly hit a bump in the road. "OUCH!" 🤣

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Ben Kim said:

45 Fahrenheit is noticeable drop in range. I’d say 55F+ and you won’t notice any range decrease. 

My 100v Nikola and Monster start the first beep of the 5 beep alarm a shocking 3 mph sooner on very cold days (under 30 degrees Fahrenheit) compared to a warm 80 degree day. I get the first beep at 36mph instead of 39mph. 

• Like 2

i know that if i ride at top speed i get about half the distance my wheel is capable of, and then have the stupid thing throw tiltbacks at me and tell me to decelerate for the rest of the ride home.Did u go to hard to early????

@Daley1 we were going 20 mph and even at that speed the 220 lbs rider was losing 30% battery life within 14 miles of riding. After realizing this, we stopped to charge our wheels. We left the charging spot hovering at 80%. We didn't get more than 12 miles down the road before he got a tilt back to slow down. We stopped to check his battery percent because we were shy 17 miles from our halfway point and he was at 39%. 🤯 Now mind you, we were hitting high winds, elevation was roughly 3400+ feet, temperatures were hovering in the 40s, but dipped at times due to rain & clouds and yes, we did hit speeds shy of 30mph. That's why we rely on the radio system so the anchor can radio the wing of our speed.