20" Wheel

7 minutes ago, who_the said:

They'll launch it as a 100v/2500wh (2460) then a few weeks later drop the 126v/3200. :)

Nah, knowing Gotway it's gonna be 100V/2500Wh and 126V/1800Wh. ;)

Of course 1800Wh will cost more. :thumbup:

Edited by atdlzpae
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, mrelwood said:

While a 20” Mini-Monster will be an interesting wheel in some sense, I think a properly off-road spec’d waterproof 16” or 18” wheel would expand the market spectrum much better, as well as sell better.

Inmotion V12? :innocent1:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atdlzpae said:

No. Ninebot Z10. B)

Just kidding. Obviously MSX with a knobby tire.

"Inmotion 7th Years Anniversary Giveaway. Time to name your new wheel. Vx or V12, V-anything, you name it. We will find a winner if the idea worths it.

Yes, the new wheel will be released next year. It's more powerful and aggressive than previous any inmotion electric unicycles. The wheel is designed for off-road lover and long-distance travelers. The idea should be related to the product. Showtime. My friends."

from this source: https://www.facebook.com/groups/ElectricUnicycle/permalink/2538934129537868/

Sorry for sidetracking from the original topic!

Edited by Tazarinho
inserting quotation marks
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, gon2fast said:

I have been informed that Gotway is planning on releasing a 20 inch wheel in 2020. Please chime in with any additional information because this sounds ideal for larger riders like myself.

Informed by whom? What exactly did they say?:dribble:

As far as speculation goes:

• The MSX has ~19.5 inches real tire diameter (source). So there's your Gotway 20 incher. Already exists;)
  • The latest info on the 126V is that they couldn't do it. I would not hope for 126V wheels any time soon.
  • Like 3

On topic: I wonder if they will do this. They are not car manufactures trying to fill every niche *cough* BMW *cough* and then slot a few more models in between, I guess?

Next thing you can go shop for a 10", 11", 12", 13", 14", 15", 16", 17", 18", 29" and 20" EUC :lol: 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, gon2fast said:

I reached out to GW directly and they shared that there will be at least three new releases for 2020 (no specifics on models so they could indeed be the next generation of existing models), but Ewheels did validate that a 20" GW wheel is coming. 

:w00t2:Wow I did not expect that! I thought 2020 would become a quieter year. Apparently I was totally wrong.

Great info!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gon2fast said:

initial response - "yes,we will have new 18inch 19inch and 20inch in the near 2020year."

Wow, this will be interesting! Due to tire availability my guess is they are actually 18x2.50, 18x3.0, and 20x3.0.

Sure! This all sounds exciting!  :w00t2:.... To bad @mrelwood correctly summarized six months of future threads, in post. :facepalm: His first post on the subject should have had a spoiler alert of some kind.  

So? 20 inches? ....... I hope it has a 5,000 watt motor on it. That would make it as zippy as a MCM5 !  Maybe bigger wires to rush the power from the batteries to the motor faster. I am sure we can do a software fix to make it more zippy. :roflmao:  If you can't beat them, join them. You might have more fun

Seriously though, I might get a new GW in 2020 :thumbup:

</spoilers> <excitement_for_new_gotway_wheels>

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

I'm hoping all the EUC manufacturers will eventually all settle on some specific range of wheel sizes like the bicycle manufacturers have ... then we will have a much wider range of tyres available to choose from.

55 minutes ago, Nic said:

I'm hoping all the EUC manufacturers will eventually all settle on some specific range of wheel sizes like the bicycle manufacturers have ... then we will have a much wider range of tyres available to choose from.

I don't know how you got the idea that bicycle manufacturers use a lesser number of different specifications? 

The vast majority of EUCs is (and always has been) 14", 16", and 18" (no, the Nikola is not 17" and there is no 19" EUC either). We have basically only three different rim diameters to deal with, which is pretty manageable, IMHO. You may not know this, but in the bicycle word there are 12 different rim sizes for the 14", 16" and 18" tire size specs, 4 for each (in mm: 254, 279, 288, 298, 305, 330, 340, 349, 355, 387, 390, 400), whereas in the EUC world the manufacturers only use three, 254, 305 and 355.

Adding 20" (I assume it will be 406) doesn't make it really worse, because 20" tires are widely available.

And even better, the recognition that a wide 16" tire is pretty close to the sweetest possible spot is not going to change any time soon, as it turns out the sweet spot is determined by the size of the feet. The necessary weight displacement to accelerate and brake is directly proportional to the wheel size which restricts the range of practical wheel sizes quite drastically, unless the rider wants to step back and forth to make things happen. That's very different from the bicycle world, where transmission allows a much wider range of wheel size choices.

Edited by Mono
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Mono said:

I don't know how you got the idea that bicycle manufacturers use a lesser number of different specifications? 

The vast majority of EUCs is (and always has been) 14", 16", and 18" (no, the Nikola is not 17" and there is no 19" EUC either). We have basically only three different rim diameters to deal with, which is pretty manageable, IMHO. You may not know this, but in the bicycle word there are 12 different rim sizes for the 14", 16" and 18" tire size specs, 4 for each (in mm: 254, 279, 288, 298, 305, 330, 340, 349, 355, 387, 390, 400), whereas in the EUC world the manufacturers only use three, 254, 305 and 355.

Adding 20" (I assume it will be 406) doesn't make it really worse, because 20" tires are widely available.

And even better, the recognition that a wide 16" tire is pretty close to the sweetest possible spot is not going to change any time soon, as it turns out the sweet spot is determined by the size of the feet. The necessary weight displacement to accelerate and brake is directly proportional to the wheel size which restricts the range of practical wheel sizes quite drastically, unless the rider wants to step back and forth to make things happen. That's very different from the bicycle world, where transmission allows a much wider range of wheel size choices.

Yes, you are correct, but the tyre widths and diameters differ a lot and just because you have a 16" rim doesn't mean that you can fit any 16" EUC tyre, so I am really trying to say that the overall tyre sizes settle into a range that we can easily choose from and have confidence it will fit well. Most of the bicycle tyres are not suitable for EUCs, hence we have a few Chinese tyre manufacturers only that make suitable tyres for us. Where is Schwalbe, Continental, Dunlop, Vittoria, etc .... those that make the best bicycle tyres.

Edited by Nic

6 minutes ago, Nic said:

but the tyre widths and diameters differ a lot and just because you have a 16" rim doesn't mean that you can fit any 16" EUC tyre

The only reason why a tire may not fit is because the shell doesn't give enough space for the width of the tire. So what you are asking for is that all manufacturers build their shell with enough space for the widest available tire to fit. That's not too likely to happen and is certainly not the case, not even close, for bicycles.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mono said:

The only reason why a tire may not fit is because the shell doesn't give enough space for the width of the tire. So what you are asking for is that all manufacturers build their shell with enough space for the widest available tire to fit. That's not too likely to happen and is certainly not the case, not even close, for bicycles.

That is exactly my point and is why we have such limited choice of tyres for EUC. Its not worth custom manufacturing tyres for small numbers of EUCs that need a specific size.

Edited by Nic