Hi, I'm new and my post is not approved more than a week

Hello people.

I found this nice forum and i tried to contact a seller but my simple message is not approved for 1 week. How long i have to wait and is there any moderator that is checking the new user message to approve it?

Regards

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Grep said:

Hello people.

I found this nice forum and i tried to contact a seller but my simple message is not approved for 1 week. How long i have to wait and is there any moderator that is checking the new user message to approve it?

Regards

Welcome!

Sorry for this delay - was a bad coincidence that none of the moderators saw your post and approved it!

But in the moderation history is logged that your post was approved on the same day? Maybe this was some forum software hickup? Or the forum software shows the posting date and not the approval date?

Or do you mean a private message to the seller and not your post from december 12?

Private messages are not possible for newest members and are not subject to approval.

Thanks for this feedback and sorry once more for the trouble!

Hi,

you can send PMs now if that was the problem.

If you mean that your public post itself wasn't approved, that must have been a forum bug. You weren't visible in our approval queue then, despite having an unapproved post. Sorry. This only happened once before and there's nothing we can do about such bugs except wait until the forum software provider fixes them:)

If a post takes too long to be approved, you can always ask (like you did here) or report your own post to get the mods' attention.

• Like 3

Sorry that was a bug then. I alone would have approved it every single day, had it been visible. And other mods are here daily, too. We have a queue that shows all unapproved posts, and apparently yours wasn't shown in it.

Hope the wheel you asked about isn't sold yet due to the delay:)

• 3 weeks later...

Welcome new comers! :cheers: 

What kind of wheels are you looking for? How long have you been riding? There are lots of great discussions on most of EUC’s.

We seem to be caught up in a discussion on what we call these unique devices but the topics changes frequently. :D

Edited by RockyTop

1 hour ago, meepmeepmayer said:

It will be gone soon.

Do you know when exactly (ie. x days from account opening)? I need to PM someone by the end of the week before I travel.

Edited by njay
  • Like 1

To new members and passive readers.

The above is why you want to create an free account here and post a few post to get your standing free of the limitations we need to set in place to minimize the impact of scammer and spammer on the forum. 

So even if you don't have a wheel yet. you can ask for advise on what suits you and should a secondhand sale pop up you are ready to be able to PM.

• 7 months later...

Hi! 

I am new here. Is there a place that describes the limitations for new members? 

I have been on other forums and there is a "New Member Introductions" area where you go and introduce yourself for your first post. Do we have one of those?

I also would like to PM, but is there a certain amount of posts I have to do before I gain that ability?

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi!

30 minutes ago, tobes said:

I am new here. Is there a place that describes the limitations for new members? 

30 minutes ago, tobes said:

I also would like to PM, but is there a certain amount of posts I have to do before I gain that ability?

Sorry, the details are secret because they 1) can change and 2) we don't want bad people (spammers etc.) to game the system if we give full details.

I can just say: the requirements are very minimal and the limitations will go away in no time if you just act like any "good" new and interested poster (and not a spammer or whatever) automatically would. Just enjoy the forum:)

Sorry for being vague and the stupid restrictions in the first place, it turns out they are necessary (they naturally evolved from preventing repeats of existing issues).

31 minutes ago, tobes said:

I have been on other forums and there is a "New Member Introductions" area where you go and introduce yourself for your first post. Do we have one of those?

No we don't have one. Do you think we should have one? Maybe it would be a good idea, always open to improvements.

Usually people just start with their "What wheel to get" type questions in their own new topic or some existing topic. Or join some other discussion. Or (rarely but it happens) make their own "Hello" topic in the General Discussion forum. As you like:)

14 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

I can just say: the requirements are very minimal and the limitations will go away in no time if you just act like any "good" new and interested poster (and not a spammer or whatever) automatically would. Just enjoy the forum:)

Thank you. I understand. One more question: Will there be something that will let me know once I meet those requirements and I would have the ability to PM?

11 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

No we don't have one. Do you think we should have one? Maybe it would be a good idea, always open to improvements.

I think it would be helpful. I have joined a couple other forums. For me it felt good to create my first post in a casual topic of "Introductions". Plus it was pretty welcoming to have people respond to your welcome post with a "welcome" or comment on something in the introduction.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tobes said:

Will there be something that will let me know once I meet those requirements and I would have the ability to PM?

Now you can already send PMs, edit your posts, etc.:)

22 minutes ago, tobes said:

I think it would be helpful. I have joined a couple other forums. For me it felt good to create my first post in a casual topic of "Introductions". Plus it was pretty welcoming to have people respond to your welcome post with a "welcome" or comment on something in the introduction.

It's a good idea. Maybe it should be done...

Edited by meepmeepmayer

37 minutes ago, tobes said:

For me it felt good to create my first post in a casual topic of "Introductions".

For some reason I was (erroneously) thinking of an entirely new forum for introductions. But a simple topic certainly would work.

So, if you like just start a new "Introductions - say hello here if you like" (or whatever you want to call it) topic in the General Discussion forum and we'll see what happens:)

A little disclaimer would be nice that people there do not start asking about EUCs (which to get as my first etc), but instead make their own new topic in the place they deem appropriate, so others can find and read that EUC information easily, and it's not hidden in a social chatter topic.

18 minutes ago, meepmeepmayer said:

So, if you like just start a new "Introductions - say hello here if you like" (or whatever you want to call it) topic in the General Discussion forum and we'll see what happens:)

Done!

• 2 weeks later...

Is there any chance I can get access to send messages or let me know when/amount of time I have to wait?

I would like to reach out to a member in my town to see if he can tell me the do/don't around my city.  Would prefer to message him directly rather than create a general board post that is not relevant to anyone else :) 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, #Juan said:

Is there any chance I can get access to send messages or let me know when/amount of time I have to wait?

I would like to reach out to a member in my town to see if he can tell me the do/don't around my city.  Would prefer to message him directly rather than create a general board post that is not relevant to anyone else :) 

Welcome!

You can notify (https://forum.electricunicycle.org/topic/13355-notification-how-to-get-another-forum-members-attention/

) the member so he starts with a pm to you.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, thanks for all the info you share here!
It always got answers here, without asking anyone. But now is the D-Day, need some communication, but I got this, when tried to write a message.
"You are only allowed to send 0 messages per day. Please try again later. "
Admins, could you enable it, or point me, what I have to do
Thanks!

Ludo

• Like 2