Inmotion V8 without Problems???

Macdog

Hi Guys, I have my V8 since 4 month and I am very happy with it. But, here in this forum I read so many post about unhappy people and V8`s working bad.

My Question: Are there any people here which use their V8 since long time and never had real problems with it?
This would really be interested for me!
Thanks a lot!!

MackDog

V8 is one of the most sold wheels out there. Could even be THE most sold ever. It’s also pretty old being from 2016. It should not be a surprise there are also a large number of complaints. I’m not sure what percentage of owners have problems but with many owners there are many problems. I do remember seeing some statistics from distributors and the V8 had least amount of defects in %. Maybe @Jason McNeil has better insight?

My V8 has been perfect so far. 

• Like 2

I have had my V8 for a year, and have put 1000 miles on it.  I have had it cut out a few times, mostly my fault.  I have replaced the tube 3 times.  I also put the wider 2.125 tire on it and have been pleased with the result.  All in all, it is a great wheel.

The main reason I upgraded was to get a higher top end and greater range. 15 miles is the farthest I have gone and 15 mph is the highest speed it seems to maintain.

Edited by John Walden
added bottom line
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

had my v8 for like 8 months I think.  And absolutely love the wheel, its fairly easy to service, and it rides so smooth. I had 1 flat when I went on a trip looks like it was self induced, ( I put the tube back in twisted.. woops).  but like jason said only real issue I've had is getting that tire bead to fit in the flippin rim.  which is basically reason i took the tube out to begin with, i was gunna try a different tire (didnt work to wide, darn 1.95). Ended up taking the rim out to a bike shop to have them mount the tire. poor guy was at it for like 45 minutes trying to get the bead to fit properly. We ended up settling for a good enough approach. But the v8 still rides like a dream, and i'd still give it an overwhelmingly positive review. Also true story a schwinn 16 inch inner tube from like wallmart will work in a pinch, but you have to leave the end cap off, with the cap on it'll hit on the inside. what 1mm of clearance will get you lol. 

• Like 1