18XL speed warning

CGPro856

I'm tired of searching so I'm just going to ask.  I have my 5 speed sliders set from 18 -24 kph in 2 kph increments.  I assumed the wheel would beep more beeps at each of the set points until it tilts back at the highest point.  So far I have heard no beeps just "please decelerate" thru the speaker.  Is this what it actually does at each of the presets or have I missed beeps.  I'm not ready to feel the pedals tilt at speed yet.  I'll go down for sure if that happens.  I'm only 10 miles in and not very stable.  I'd prefer to know what is coming and be ready for it rather than be surprised by a new sound or motion.  

If you are using the iPhone Kingsong app, you can click on the settings icon in the top right, hit the voice control button, and then toggle off the voice speak switch. This will disable the "please decelerate" voice.

The app has 5 levels of alarm, but so far best I can tell the wheel only says please decelerate when you reach the 4th level.  With pedal tilt coming next at the 5th level.  Do the first three levels do anything? 

Edited by CGPro856

10 hours ago, CGPro856 said:

The app has 5 levels of alarm, but so far best I can tell the wheel only says please decelerate when you reach the 4th level.  With pedal tilt coming next at the 5th level.  Do the first three levels do anything? 

When you have the voice active, the first two alarms don't do anything. The voice prompts are activated by the third alarm only.

But for those that don't like the voice, when you disable it (enabling beeps instead) then you do get single, double and triple  beeps as your speed hits the set levels.

To change between the two, using the King Song app, go to the settings and select "Voice Control". From there activate the "Voice Speak Switch" to hear the voice alerts (on the third alarm only) or deactivate it to hear the "buzzer" / "beep" alerts as you have selected them.   :)

• Like 3