I've never tried it for long distances, but I find that wearing dress shoes (Oxfords, vibram sole, padded insole, slight heel) is actually more comfortable than sneakers or other athletic shoes for unicycling.

This youtube video shows a pro wearing something similar in some scenes. What is your favorite footwear for unicycling? I'm going to do about 15 miles today in the dress shoes to see what it is like.

On 12/14/2019 at 11:24 AM, houseofjob said:

BTW, Alex Segmüller always dresses like that, personally think for his "picking up" ladies on EUC schtick :lol:

Alex is one of the few men that can say they pick up girls in the literal and not just the figurative sense.

What is funny is Alex bounced on the Alexplatz trampoline, and when I visited that area I thought how nice my EUC would work there (before seeing his videos).

Tried hard sole "dress" shoes once, I found it a bit scary that you can't feel the edge of the pedal as well.
Had the constant impression that I could get too far over the edge without noticing.

As for heels I tried with 4cm, that was also unsettling.

To each their own :)