Brussels, Belgium

Roue Libre

On 1/2/2019 at 8:44 PM, lebeaumarc said:

Hey Guys, Are there some place you could recommend to practice as a beginner ? I mean having a some level synthetic grass or a bar handle to grab for the few first hours ?

I started out in the garden, holding onto the fence.  Not really great, as the surface is quite wobbly, and you won't make it far.  I moved on to a quiet street to practice start/stops, was astonished how easy riding was in comparison with the grass.   I moved later to an empty car park at a train station to practice turns.

I totally agree, there's no such thing as learning on hard ground (street, alley, underground parking), even for kids. 

Are you having problems learning or are you looking for a place for someone else to learn on your wheel?

In which area in Belgium are you looking for a place to practice?

2 hours ago, Corinne said:

I totally agree, there's no such thing as learning on hard ground (street, alley, underground parking), even for kids. 

Are you having problems learning or are you looking for a place for someone else to learn on your wheel?

In which area in Belgium are you looking for a place to practice?

I learned it on a road next to a fence though 

I went to a training session ... broke my left arm (silly me)  and am waiting for it to heal good enough before starting again.

I was wondering if things like fake grass or artificial tennis surface would be better for my wheel when I (it) falls.

For what concerns the location : I am living near waterloo but with the car, it is easy to reach remote locations

Aie aie aie, sorry to read that.

I would suggest that you protect your wheel rather than trying to find a soft surface to practice on. First because it forces you to find such a surface and second because without wheel protection if your wheel falls anywhere outside your learning place, it will get damaged ( on the way between your learning place and home, for example).

Do you have approriate body protections (helmet, knee, elbow and hand protection)?

In Liege, we organise regular wheel sessions that we call "co-entrainement", everybody learns from the others, whatever their wheel experience, we exchange advise and tips.

When your arm is totally healed, make me a sign and if you want, we'll organise one (if the weather isnt too cold ❄). 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Corinne said:

Aie aie aie, sorry to read that.

I would suggest that you protect your wheel rather than trying to find a soft surface to practice on. First because it forces you to find such a surface and second because without wheel protection if your wheel falls anywhere outside your learning place, it will get damaged ( on the way between your learning place and home, for example).

Do you have approriate body protections (helmet, knee, elbow and hand protection)?

In Liege, we organise regular wheel sessions that we call "co-entrainement", everybody learns from the others, whatever their wheel experience, we exchange advise and tips.

When your arm is totally healed, make me a sign and if you want, we'll organise one (if the weather isnt too cold ❄). 

Yes I did and will wear all those protections ... but it was just a bad impact when falling.

Thanks for the proposition !

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hallo

Ik rijd met een V8, regio Oost Vlaanderen.

Ik zou graag een zwaarder model kopen, zoals V10 of KS18L of Z10.

Weet iemand een winkel of zo waar je die kan uittesten?

Uit reviews begreep ik dat de Ninebot Z10 nogal anders rijdt dan de meeste wielen, door de brede band.

Iemand ervaring met Z10? En waar kan je die tegenwoordig kopen? Op onewheel.be (waar ik mijn V8 gekocht heb) is die niet meer beschikbaar. Ik vind de Z10 enkel nog op aliexpress of verdeler in parijs of zo...

15 hours ago, Gizmoduck said:

Hallo

Uit reviews begreep ik dat de Ninebot Z10 nogal anders rijdt dan de meeste wielen, door de brede band.

Iemand ervaring met Z10? En waar kan je die tegenwoordig kopen? Op onewheel.be (waar ik mijn V8 gekocht heb) is die niet meer beschikbaar. Ik vind de Z10 enkel nog op aliexpress of verdeler in parijs of zo...

Hello, I’m an owner of z10. I also tried V8, ks16, Nikola and out of those 3 I still prefer my wheel. Maybe the first 2 are from different class, but even Nikola didn’t give me the drive that I get from my Z10. It’s hard pedals are brilliant (almost don’t feel any inclination while accelerating or braking).  I learned to turn with very quickly. I ride with tyre pressure of 2.3 bar. I come to Aalst from Mon to Fri. We can meet once there if you want to try it:)

On 6/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, Gizmoduck said:

Hello Myhailo.
Ik would certainly like to try it out.
I travel mostly between Gent and Oudenaarde, so if you go in that direction we can meet closer, otherwise I can come to Aalst.

I commute between Aalst and Brussels during week days, and I rarely come to Ghent. So it’d be more convenient to meet in Aalst or Brussels. Btw a friend of mine is arranging a ride in Brussels next Thursday, we could meet there. More details are here 
http://meetu.ps/e/GV82v/twHgG/a

On 6/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Slashebeest said:

If you are meeting up in aalst, I would like to come .

The ride in brussels is to soon, I just had my cast removed from my arm because of a faceplant at 30km/h :D

Keep us posted if there's a second one in the future.

Oops, sorry to hear that. Btw there are roller parades on Fridays in Brussels. I participated yesterday and it was great. We can meet in Aalst let’s say on Tuesday after 5pm. What do you think?

On 6/26/2019 at 3:39 PM, Slashebeest said:

If you are meeting up in aalst, I would like to come .

The ride in brussels is to soon, I just had my cast removed from my arm because of a faceplant at 30km/h :D

Keep us posted if there's a second one in the future.

On 6/22/2019 at 8:13 PM, Gizmoduck said:

Hello Myhailo.
Ik would certainly like to try it out.
I travel mostly between Gent and Oudenaarde, so if you go in that direction we can meet closer, otherwise I can come to Aalst.

Ok for you?

On 6/21/2019 at 11:58 PM, Gizmoduck said:

Hallo

Ik heb een Z10 en een MCM5 momenteel. Had vroeger een Rockwheel GT16 en een Inmotion V8.

De Z10 rijdt zoals geen andere en vooral bochten pakken is enorm aanpassen. Dat ding wil precies alleen maar rechtdoor. Zeer vreemd als je veel kilometers erop doet en je springt dan terug op een smal wiel, zoals de MCM5. Een pak agieler dat laatste maar je moet enorm wennen aan de "onstabiliteit" die je terug krijgt. Voor mij zijn dat 2 compleet verschillende apparaten en je moet toch altijd even terug wennen. Bij de MCM5 in het rechtdoor rijden, en bij de Z10 voor het bochten pakken. Bij die laatste moet je er echt voor gaan en gaan hangen, of je rijdt gewoon rechtdoor. Een ander wiel kan je sturen door gewoon je voeten op te heffen en hij kantelt vanzelf. Let wel, ik ben niet iemand die dagelijks 30km rijdt met een monowiel he. 

Ik weet niet wat er aan de hand is bij onewheel, maar momenteel hebben ze daar quasi niks meer van eenwielers. Mijn V8 en mijn Z10 komen van daar.

Objectief gezien is zo een Z10 zeker niet het beste wiel op de markt. Het rijdt als een camion, de trolley is niet de meest praktische en het effe in je auto heffen is goed om je rug te breken. Als je dan op een krachtig 16 of 18" wiel springt met een normale breedte van band ga je merken hoeveel agieler zo een wiel is tov de Z10 (bv mijn Rockwheel GT16).

En toch blijf ik het wiel als eerste pakken als ik een trip wil doen :D Het heeft gewoon iets.

On 6/21/2019 at 11:58 PM, Gizmoduck said:

De Z10 is quasi overal uitverkocht, en bij mijn weten heeft Ninebot de productie ervan stopgezet.  Als j'em in Parijs kan bestellen, en je wilt per se de Z10, gaan ervoor.  Aliexpress is waarschijnlijk de goedkoopste oplossing, maar dat wordt lang wachten op de levering, en als er iets misgaat ermee, heb je een probleem. 

On 6/29/2019 at 2:23 PM, Mykhailo said:

Oops, sorry to hear that. Btw there are roller parades on Fridays in Brussels. I participated yesterday and it was great. We can meet in Aalst let’s say on Tuesday after 5pm. What do you think?

Ok for you?

OK I can meet you tuesday 02/07 in Aalst.
I will come by train, arriving at 17:12.
What is the meeting point?
I'm pretty sure I will recognize you :)

On 6/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, Gizmoduck said:

OK I can meet you tuesday 02/07 in Aalst.
I will come by train, arriving at 17:12.
What is the meeting point?
I'm pretty sure I will recognize you :)

We can meet at the station. I’ll wait in front of the passage to the tracks. For sure won’t miss me:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello All,

I’ve  been riding for almost a year now, started on a Ninebot E+, then  moved over to a Z10.

Due to Belgian  legislation, it appears  the Z10 is not covered in the normal  insurance.

I’ve called  Ethias twice , and the guy  on the phone insisted on contacting DIV to get a document stating that the device is cannot be registered with them.

do you have any advice on insurrance?

I’ve bought it from Ali almost a year ago.

Once insured I’ll be happy to join you in Brussels for a ride.

Best regards

Z10-R1d3r

Weird, on the Ethias site, it clearly says that all personal transportation like euc, steps,... that don't go faster than 45km/h are covered by  their family insurance. 

I've asked my advisor the same question en she said, I don't need any papers.