Set Alarm Ks 16x (only Beep Beep )

alex5454

hello guys, how did you set the 16x ks alarms (Beep plays continuously ....) I tried to do

• set 1 - 26 km/h
  • set 2 - 33 km/h
  • set 3 - 38 km/h
  • Tilt Back 40 km/h

can they be disabled? I have disabled the voice
if I want to use only 1 or 2 alarms?

Today...Beep Beep Beep ... only for 14 km :( :unsure:

thanks

To disable an alarm, set it to 0 km/h. You can't disable the tilt-back.

I ride with the following;

• Alarm 1: 0 km/h
  • Alarm 2: 0 km/h
  • Alarm 3: 48 km/h
  • Tilt-back: 50 km/h

And I don't hear any beeps - because the wind-noise at 48 km/h drowns it out).

Edited by The Fat Unicyclist
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fat Unicyclist said:

Ok tonight I tried:

• Set 1: 0 km/h
  • Set 2: 35 km/h
  • Set 3: 38 km/h
  • Tilt-back: 40 km/h

very much better shut up.

I thought that at the first alarm then it stops instead it continues to play until you go beyond that limit.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, alex5454 said:

Ok tonight I tried:

• Set 1: 0 km/h
  • Set 2: 35 km/h
  • Set 3: 38 km/h
  • Tilt-back: 40 km/h

very much better shut up.

I thought that at the first alarm then it stops instead it continues to play until you go beyond that limit.

Glad I could help!

Once when I was setting the alarms on a new wheel, I dragged the slider down, but didn't realise that I had let go at 1 km/h (not zero). Needless to say, this is a lot more annoying!!!   :D

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 12:55 PM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

From what I've read in other threads, safer values for the 16X should be 43 km/h for alarm 3 and 45 km/h for tiltback... :wacko:

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, travsformation said:

From what I've read in other threads, safer values for the 16X should be 43 km/h for alarm 3 and 45 km/h for tiltback... :wacko:

for me the death line is 35-40 km/h, it is already too much ...also with protections

• Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 6:55 AM, The Fat Unicyclist said:

I'm using your setting from pretty much when I first got my wheel, I have a question, I saw a max speed according to my Kingsong app of a tad over 35 mph (56 km/h), I don't remember hearing any beeping or feeling any tiltback at all, I feel like had I kept leaning into it, it would have gone faster, should I be concerned?

Edited by RetroThruster
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I saw a max speed according to my Kingsong app of a tad over 35 mph (56 km/h)

I believe that is the cut out speed? Did you lift your wheel and let it spin up to top speed and cut out? That is how the ridiculously high numbers usually get there. If you did ride that fast you are VERY lucky.  When riding too fast everything seems just fine...............Until it looks and feel like you just fell face first off the hood of your car. About half way down, I think, Not this again ..... but really it is quite pleasant up until you hit the ground. 

Edited by RockyTop
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I believe that is the cut out speed? Did you lift your wheel and let it spin up to top speed and cut out? That is how the ridiculously high numbers usually get there. If you did ride that fast you are VERY lucky.  When riding too fast everything seems just fine...............Until it looks and feel like you just fell face first off the hood of your car. About half way down, I think, Not this again ..... but really it is quite pleasant up until you hit the ground. 

I'm not sure about the cut out speed, I need to lift it to see what it'll spin up to, I've never done that before.  I feel like I was going pretty darn fast but honestly not 35 mph, I do know that I was going way faster than I can run so if it cut out, I'd be on my head quick.  I also have never felt any tilt back nor heard a peep out of my while riding, I'm just making sure that this is normal, I don't want to be cruising along (too fast) and like you said, feeling like I'm surfing off of the hood of a car, that wouldn't be good.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, RetroThruster said:

I'm not sure about the cut out speed, I need to lift it to see what it'll spin up to, I've never done that before.  I feel like I was going pretty darn fast but honestly not 35 mph, I do know that I was going way faster than I can run so if it cut out, I'd be on my head quick.  I also have never felt any tilt back nor heard a peep out of my while riding, I'm just making sure that this is normal, I don't want to be cruising along (too fast) and like you said, feeling like I'm surfing off of the hood of a car, that wouldn't be good.

What's your tiltback speed set to?

I think it's important to know what your average and maximum speeds are so you know how close you're getting to your wheels limits and can adjust your riding style to the wheel's limitations

1 hour ago, travsformation said:

What's your tiltback speed set to?

I think it's important to know what your average and maximum speeds are so you know how close you're getting to your wheels limits and can adjust your riding style to the wheel's limitations

I'm at 50 km/h tilt back.  But, I've converted over to MPH in the Kingsong app but in my tilt back setting it's set to 50 KM/H, I wonder if I'm actually going 35 KM's?  I also wonder if I set it back to KM's, if it would behave differently?  Remember, I'm a new rider so I'm still figuring this stuff out:/

Edited by RetroThruster