Thoughts on buying a USED nikola plus?

Steven Koziol

Hello! I am making the change from an electric skateboard to a Electric Unicycle because of winter. What are your thoughts on the Nikola Plus as a daily commuter? And more importantly, what about buying a used one from someone?

Is there are things like limited milage that I need to worry about (lifespan)? He mentioned that it has around 1K miles on it. Anything else I should know about? 

• Like 2

On 12/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, Steven Koziol said:

Is there are things like limited milage that I need to worry about (lifespan)? He mentioned that it has around 1K miles on it. Anything else I should know about? 

No problem at all. If price is much lower than a new one, I would buy a used one!

On 12/11/2019 at 2:53 AM, Steven Koziol said:

Hello! I am making the change from an electric skateboard to a Electric Unicycle because of winter. What are your thoughts on the Nikola Plus as a daily commuter? And more importantly, what about buying a used one from someone?

You’d need to have ridden 15000 miles to have 20% capacity loss. 1000 miles is peanuts, that shouldn’t be an issue. 

If it runs properly and is it in good physical condition, go for it! 

1k miles is essentially new for an electric unicycle. You get a lowered price and a wheel that has been "tested" and confirmed to be good. The ideal buy.

Just make sure it didn't have any bad crashes. You'd see from scratches and other mechanical damage. Ask the seller about any notable crashes.

If it a) works when you buy it and b) has no mechanical damage from a bad crash, there's nothing else that can go wrong.

@Steven Koziol lol I can see myself in you :D

I also had (have) an esk8 and got an euc. Also the nikola, 84v though.

I use mine almost daily and it's my daily commuter. Best decision in a really long time so far.

I rebuilt mine just to make it even nice (imo) and hopefully waterproof, but the stock version seems to be pretty good. Just make sure the price is right and how old it is. If it's old, then you might consider just getting a new one, because Gotway sometimes make small changes to the PCB or other things. They're usually just minor things though... Also depends on price if it's really worth the upgrade then.

100v Nikola Plus is a fantastic wheel. 1,000 miles should be a mere fraction of its lifespan, provided it hasn't been jumped heavily or crashed.

FYI the OEM tire on the Nikolas is known for its short lifespan. Riders around here are getting around 1,500 miles, much less than stock MSX or Monster tires. Changing a tire isn't brain surgery but it's not trivial either.