Ninebot One C+ to E+

Joaoch

Hi.

I turned my ninebot one C+ to ninebot E+ and i get the limited velocity in 23-24km/h. My question is: In your opinion (opinion) can I have problems with this? Considering that there was an increase of only 4km / h?

First, if a C+ owner who has gone the same route replies, feel free to ignore my two cents. Until then although I'm tempted to agree with you that it shouldn't make much difference, just remember that the e+ firmware is expecting to see 50 more watts in the motor, 100 more wh of battery, and a different control board. If you had an app to monitor temperatures and amps while your board was still a C+, it could be helpful to see if temperatures or amps are considerably different now. Bottom line if it were me in your situation, I would ride it ( with maybe even more protective gear than usual ;) ) and just keep an eye on the temps and amps. If I blow a board then ok, I think they are about $150 on Ali/ebay if they are still there.

One other thing: since it makes no sense to upgrade the motor or the control board to match the firmware's expectations, then you are left with getting a battery that is more like the e+. This becomes a no-brainer if you were going to get another battery or two to swap for increased riding time. Best choice would be to find the e+ 320wh battery, another option could be:

http://aliexpress.com/item/32975291658.html

This is the highest capacity, most inexpensive battery I've seen for the ninebot ones, and I will post a review if I ever get around to trying one myself.

Anyway I don't know if any of this helps but good luck and enjoy your ninebot one at whatever speeds you can get it to go.

Edited by BecauseFun

58 minutes ago, BecauseFun said:

First, if a C+ owner who has gone the same route replies, feel free to ignore my two cents. Until then although I'm tempted to agree with you that it shouldn't make much difference, just remember that the e+ firmware is expecting to see 50 more watts in the motor, 100 more wh of battery, and a different control board. If you had an app to monitor temperatures and amps while your board was still a C+, it could be helpful to see if temperatures or amps are considerably different now. Bottom line if it were me in your situation, I would ride it ( with maybe even more protective gear than usual ;) ) and just keep an eye on the temps and amps. If I blow a board then ok, I think they are about $150 on Ali/ebay if they are still there.

Thank you by the help. It really make sense. 

I will test it two more weeks and after i will say my feedback. 

So far it seems to be normal

• Like 1

I did the same for my Ninebot One E+ so that it goes a bit faster.
No problems but i'm a light rider.
Two of my friends did overlean it though.
Friend #1 did a very heavy lean and acceleration.
Friend # 2 did a very heavy acceleration at high speed.

The wheel beeped but didn't have time to tilt them back.

The wheel behaves better after the change, better speed throttling at lower battery and the fastest I have gone is 30 kmh although 28 is a bit more realistic with fresh battery and then ~26ish.

Just be attentive and listen to the wheel and you will be fine.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guys, in my opinion, in more than 1 month I've been doing this, my Ninebot C+ is really pretty good. I have no problems (in normal use)

Once, using the PPE, I tested my Ninebot to the limit on a climb, and the unicycle was unstable, but I think it was 26 km/h lol.

I have turned C+ to E+

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

I have the opposite problem: a one E+ with what seems to be a dead control board, but all I can find (at the price I want to pay, ~$100) are boards for the C+. Will I see a degradation in performance, or, perhaps, no performance with a board designed for 50 fewer watts? By the way, I am still getting some function from the board- if I turn it on while horizontal blue/green LEDs flash momentarily, then it goes to red flashing and beeping, normal for a unit with no ground contact. Bluetooth app will also connect in this mode. Vertical it will beep once, then nothing, and only repeat if I disconnect/reconnect the battery. Would a repair to the board be feasible?

• Like 1