Fastwheel EVA

CaptainWolley

35 minutes ago, Zach Nocete said:

I left my fastwheel for a few months and now when I try to turn it on, it wont work. It turns on fine while its plugged on to the charger, but when I disconnect it, it just turns off. The battery says it is charged by about 2/3, so whu doesnt it work?

So power button seem to be fine.

Also the connection from charge plug via battery to the mainboard.

How does the battery report it's 2/3 charge state? Only once the charger is plugged in and then shown by the led stripes or somehow else reported by mainboard/app?

Or did you measure with a multimeter?

1 hour ago, Chriull said:

So power button seem to be fine.

Also the connection from charge plug via battery to the mainboard.

How does the battery report it's 2/3 charge state? Only once the charger is plugged in and then shown by the led stripes or somehow else reported by mainboard/app?

Or did you measure with a multimeter?

It seems to no longer work after it is fully charged. Even though it is connected. I think it only turns on while connected if it isnt fully charged, but thats just my conclusion, because it no longer turns on despite it being connected to the charger.

It shows the battery through its screen. It shows me the battery charged 2/3. I am only able to see it if the fastwheel is turned on, but my charger also had a LED that tells if it is fully charged.

Red = not yet charged

Green = fully charged

59 minutes ago, CaptainWolley said:

It seems to no longer work after it is fully charged. Even though it is connected. I think it only turns on while connected if it isnt fully charged, but thats just my conclusion, because it no longer turns on despite it being connected to the charger.

Afaik this already happened to ?KS? wheels.

Unfortionately i have no idea how this is/was solved? A firmware update?

For Fastwheels i have no idea, either - beside just waiting (which could take very long with the low self discharge of LiIon) or making some burden to discharge the battery (like some halogen bulbs in series on an XT connector...) do get the voltage down. :(

But this would still not solve to original problem, since the wheel did not turn on with 2/3 charge of the battery...

It shows the battery through its screen. It shows me the battery charged 2/3.

Fastwheel has an own LCD Display with some kind of bar graph showing this?

I am only able to see it if the fastwheel is turned on, but my charger also had a LED that tells if it is fully charged.

Red = not yet charged

Green = fully charged

This led only shows if the charge is charging or not (or switching from CC mode to CV mode?). So this is just what the charger "sees and thinks".

Sorry - seems there is (for me) no way to really help you furtheron with "remote diagnosis"

Could be anything from bad motherboard/BMS/connectors(?corrosion?)...

Seems you need to open it up and make some visual inspection together and measuring. Maybe best together with "someone electricly experienced".

• Like 1