How I overcomed my fear and gave my EUC an open heart surgery to fix it

Rotem Yakir

4 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

Great Work! I like to hear happy endings. 

So I guess you have the fastest EUC in the country. 

It should be a good wheel. I am sure you will take better care of it than the previous owner. :cheers:

Thank you. Yes I will.

Next job is to wrap it with chrome sticker 😱😁

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mike_bike_kite said:

Great job fixing it but why aren't you allowed to import EUCs in Israel?

I think that because there isn't any demand for it no one is starting the process of getting approval to import it from the office of devices. And you can't ship large batteries on planes anymore so you can't just fly it in and if you bring it by boat the customs will confiscate it.

Really bad situation.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, for the detailed post. Unfortunately I have the same squeak on my V8 and just posted in here (after moderation). I'm gonna have to go deeper and take it apart, can I just ask when you say the "pivot of the engine" is that where the axle comes into contact with the wheel body?

1 hour ago, JimmyTheWheel said:

Thanks, for the detailed post. Unfortunately I have the same squeak on my V8 and just posted in here (after moderation). I'm gonna have to go deeper and take it apart, can I just ask when you say the "pivot of the engine" is that where the axle comes into contact with the wheel body?

Yes, this part: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0QlBTlXfovswxATGpIYhOAKCg

• 4 weeks later...

Apologies for the delay, been moving house - Alright, so pretty nerve racking but I'm not sure I've fixed it.

Took the V8 apart using this video and it was obvious that water had gotten to the bearings and also starting to get into the hub https://share.icloud.com/photos/0PFEGE9cJ6r8G_1Xup7iXQ6Iw

I used Silicone spray and grease to waterproof the whole thing, locking it up with thread lock and bearing lock. Unfortunately I didn't mark the hubs well enough to put them into their original positions. There was a tiny spot of rust on the rotor but nothing too bad.

Anyway, swapped the bearings out and scoured everything back to new. First couple of rides that week were great. but then I noticed at certain speeds ~10MPH + I could hear a whirring on every rotation! unlike the squeaks/rubs before it, it seems more like and electrical whirring and it only happens at speed.

So I have a couple of theories;

1. I've been wearing my conduction headphones for too long and forgotten what my wheel sounds like :eff05cf9bc:
  2. I've over tighten the pedal nuts too much as shown here causing excessive pressure? I used a bench vice and they are a little less nut shaped now
  3. The axle is bent. I dropped in off a 12cm-15cm curb on one pedal and subsequently fell/walked off. I don't know how I would test for this?
  4. I've tiny introduce metal filings to the stator/rotor and its electrical whirring??

Other then this idk what it could be, any suggestions or theories?!

• Like 1