Adjusting A Angled Valve

gon2fast

I recently changed the tire/tube in my V10 and have found that the valve is now sticking out away from the wheel. This causes a rather alarming scrape if not pressed in. Do you think that I can re-position the tube by draining the tube and shifting the tire/valve while intact on the rim or will i need to remove a side of the tire and re-position the tube?

You probably have to turn the tube by 180º (around the valve stem, that is, first dismount the tire again). Like for the tire, there are exactly two ways how to mount the tube on the wheel (some tires have the forward arrow to find the right way). One of the two ways let the angled valve stick away from the rim and the other towards the rim.

Edited by Mono

58 minutes ago, Mono said:

You probably have to turn the tube by 180º (around the valve stem, that is, first dismount the tire again). Like for the tire, there are exactly two ways how to mount the tube on the wheel (some tires have the forward arrow to find the right way). One of the two ways let the angled valve stick away from the rim and the other towards the rim.

I am 99% sure that @Mono is correct. You might try removing the valve core, freeing the tire and shifting the tube and tire around to improve the angle. If this dose not fix the problem the tube needs to be revered.

• 9 months later...

It stayed intact with the adjustment via tire (I did not take the wheel apart a second time). I also had to run the tube without a valve cap due to lack of space. Pain in rear, but it worked out once it was in position.

Edited by gon2fast
NONYA