16x - Anyone has sticky pedal on one side too?

Tinkererboi

So the pedals on the right side of my 16x has always been strangely sticky, requiring force to open unlike the left pedal which flops open like it should. No biggie, barely an inconvenience.

I always thought I just had a faulty shell because my right side shell does not close fully at the bottom. Yesterday my replacement half of the shell came in, both inner and outer pieces. I tested it for fit before installing with the shell completely empty and what do you know, it does the exact same thing. 

Since I already had it I just went ahead and did the swap anyways, waterproofing the wheel along the way with more silicone, kapton tape to cover the switch panel and huge gap in the LED housing and finally a nice thick bead of black gasket maker where the control board meets the shell. (There was tons of dust all over the compartment so obviously the super thin EVA foam gasket did nothing)

Post-reassembly with the new half shell installed, and the problem still exists.

Does anyone have the same issue as well? Is there a part I should shave off to make the shell fit right? There was a bit under the switch panel that had to be nipped off with some sort of pincer tool in my original inner shell in order to get the switch panel to close properly, so I assume it would not be too far off to believe that the same has to be done somewhere in the bottom area of my shell to get it to close.

Edited by Tinkererboi
Wording errors

The pedals on the 16X aren't that close to the shell... In fact they should sit 4-5mm away (or more).

When you fold / unfold the pedal, do you see it brushing/touching the shell at any point, or is it just stiff to move?

One of my 16X had a slightly stiff pedal (due to the tightness of it against the hanger), but I clean and grease all of them when I get them and that resolved the issue.

The pedal in question actually rubs against the shell at around a 45 degree fold. Starting to suspect the pedal hangers themselves are installed too close to the motor hub on the right side.

In any case, its not really that big a deal so i'll just leave it be till the next time I have to open my shell.

I had to fix this on my MCM5.  Whereas my TeslaV2 pedals are a perfect fit, one side of the MCM5 was a bit tight, and the other side would just straight up wedge.  Basically, carefully remove the offending material from the pedal hangar attached to the EUC (not from the pedal) with a rotary tool.  Mine was really bad, the pedal didn't want to go down, and after standing on the EUC, it was annoyingly difficult to unwedge.  No problems on the 16X.

Edited by xorbe

2 hours ago, Hibiki Mr.H said:

My first batch KS16X is perfectly fine even with EUC bodyguard from roll.nz (very good stuff btw)

On the other hand, the pedals on my second batch KS16X rub against the shell every time i try to open them. (even without EUC bodyguard on)

Thanks for the shout-out... I'm glad you are finding your EUC Bodyguard beneficial!

And I get what you are saying about the pedals... The units we used during the Bodyguard design had plenty of space between the pedals and case - enough to fit 3-4 mm of Neoprene in-between.

Our last batch of 16X sold very quickly (so I have nothing to compare with, just now), but we have another batch arriving with us this week, so it will be interesting to see if there are any differences...

• Like 1