Quick Release Helmet Strap Installation Video

FlyboyEUC

Thanks for sharing this!

I've looked into replacing the D rings on my TSG Pass with a fidlock buckle, but couldn't find one that would both fit the strap size and install without modifying the helmet irreversibly. I do worry a little about the buckle being held on with a single snap on the webbing that goes around the D ring, but I suppose that could be permanently installed with a sewing machine. Definitely going to give this a try!

I just tried this on my TSG Pass.

It works well! My helmet is a size small, and with this buckle installed there's no room left to tighten the strap further. Luckily the fit of the strap is just about as tight as I like it, which is just tight enough to be touching my neck. If anyone wants to measure against their helmet, it's 5.75in (146mm) between the two pleather pieces where the strap is sewn in.

I'm considering replacing the snap with a permanently sewn piece of webbing, but I'll ride with this for a week or so just to make sure it feels good first.

• Like 1

I have a small TSG Pass helmet also and yes, mine is as tight as it can go. I was worried at first but it has been amazing for the past month of daily use.

The D-ring buckle is the only thing I don't like about my TSG pass, I didn't even consider this option. Wound up picking this buckle up, pretty heavy duty construction but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $$$. Though the install was pretty simple, the only destructive thing I had to do to install it was to remove the deflapper button.

Thanks for posting this, I'm way happier with my TSG pass now.

• Like 1