Steelbird Air 2 crash reports?

I know there are quite a few EUC riders that have gone with the Steelbird Air 2 helmet despite its lack of certifications. Has anyone experienced a crash with theirs? If so, how did it hold up? Did your head explode on impact?

No info on crashes but I ordered one and sent it back. Build quality seemed fine but not as good as motorcycle helmets half the price. Main reason was the lack of chin space. I’ve not got a huge chin but a longer face than average I guess. Only 2 sizes based on smaller sculls meant it was a no go, even though the cap fitted perfectly.

Not slamming it, I think it would be more than adequate for EUC’s. Better than any open face.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a sba-2 Blackhawk (black mirror finish) off Ebay 600mm and I was scared that this helmet wasn't going to fit me properly based on what I found on people's reviews. This is my first full face helmet coming from a Scorpion Exo Covert, but this has so much visibility in comparison that I don't even need a mirror anymore. Pretty happy overall.

Regarding the functional aspect, the helmet definitely feels lighter than my DOT-approved helmet and more aerodynamic so it's easier to turn my head when looking behind. On average, our EUC's are cruising anywhere between 20-35mph/32-56kmh so it's fair to say we're not "usually" hitting the higher side of moped/motorcycle speeds. It should be more than sufficient for impact, but like everyone has already said it's only been tested outside of the US.

Edited by goos3man
  • Like 2