Is an EUC for me?

LadyPug

I had my wife read this thread and she asked me a simple question. Does she live around here? We could let her try out the 16s so  she could see for herself. ... Turns out she doesn’t live near me but she does live by an EUC community.  ... hint hint.    Sacramento CA. 

It would either scare her off or pull her in further. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

I had my wife read this thread and she asked me a simple question. Does she live around here? We could let her try out the 16s so  she could see for herself. ... Turns out she doesn’t live near me but she does live by an EUC community.  ... hint hint.    Sacramento CA. 

It would either scare her off or pull her in further. 

I thought the same thing. There is an abundance of EUC members in that region that would surely offer a complementary lesson to @LadyPug .

• Like 1

On 12/3/2019 at 12:11 AM, LadyPug said:

Is an EUC for me? ... I have hip replacements and don’t want to fall, pretty much ever ... Should I pursue learning to ride an EUC, a large one with the seated option, or would you say it’s not advisable under the circumstances?

Everyone falls on an EUC! I don't think there are any exceptions. It might not be the wisest move for you. 

On 12/3/2019 at 12:11 AM, LadyPug said:

Btw, I’m mid 50’s and female.

I don't think age or sex is a big issue, I'm in my mid 50's and started riding very recently. I'm enjoying it and ride for a couple of miles each day. I currently wear a helmet and wrist guards but I'm thinking some knee pads might be a wise investment also.

EVERYONE will fall.  It's not a matter of if, its a matter of when.  The more you ride, the greater your risk becomes.  I've fallen more on my EUCs than i ever have on an e-scooter (once) and aside from some scrapes, I've come out unscathed.  Always wear safety gear, and use common sense on the road.  

If you KNOW you can't fall due to a preexisting condition, take the bus or drive a car, as this isn't for you.