Chirping sounds while riding my EUC (sound included in post)

Rotem Yakir

Hi guys,

Lately I started to hear chirping sounds while riding my KS 18L. Today it became even louder. While riding, I feel something in the wheel when the sounds appear.

Here is a link to a recording of the sound:   https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mc_MtEH1Xr5OSUzDuVHyNlwfFeaCYY_v/view?usp=drivesdk

On Saturday I opened the device to replace the trolley and because I've heard the sounds before I checked the inner body and search for problems but couldn't find any.

Another thing that I thought of is that because my rim is bent maybe the wheel is touching the plastic but I'm not sure. Here is a picture of the bent: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0BgrjF4kQ9Guxd63E_uMCo7cg#Kefar_Saba

What do you think I should do? Is it dangerous to ride the wheel like that?

Edited by Rotem Yakir

Disclaimer:  I don't know nothing! Listen to me at your own risk.  

The bent rim has likely loosened something. It is difficult to tell from a recording but it sounds like an aluminium squeak. 

( I would ) Others might not. - I would get some wooden bocks and a hammer and try to straighten the rim.  The rim might break or crack. If it did I would replace the wheel and motor. Several other people have had good luck with this. The aluminium is soft. ......... let the air out of the tire first. Don't hit the wheel with the hammer, only hit wooden blocks. Support opposite side of wheel with block before hitting.  Take it easy, you can hit it again but you can;t un hit it. 

The squeak is likely at the connection of the pedal hanger and the motor axle. (not sure though. you could tighten the bolts. ) It could be anywhere. My MSX started squeaking when I shift my weight around on my wheel. I caused that problem by over leaning at 30 mph and crashing. Now the plastic panels rub against each other and make noises. 

31 minutes ago, RockyTop said:

The bent rim has likely loosened something. It is difficult to tell from a recording but it sounds like an aluminium squeak.

thank you for replying.
It is important to mention that the bent happened a while ago and I only started to hear the sound 2 weeks ago. I think that it started after a jump.

I don’t care too much about the sound (although it is annoying) I just care because I feel like when the wheel is turning it touches a place it shouldn’t touch and makes the wheel turn not in a smooth way.

I can try bending the rim, I’ll do it carefully, however, I’m not sure this is the what causing the sound.

• Like 1